Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just got a 2014 qx60. Love it but I think I found a bug in the navigation lock out when driving. If you click DEST and then Places when driving, you can scroll through 5 of the 6 categories but it won't scroll to number 6. Also, if you click on All Categories it will exhibit the same behavior. So either it needs to gray/block it all or open it up. Not this half way glitch. Anyone else see this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
check again when you SUV comes at full stop in a signal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It works at a stop but why does the first 5 items show and are actionable but can't scroll to see items 6+? I expect all of it to be grayed out or scroll through items 6+, not some half way lock out...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Heh, it's just a consortium to get you mad. If you're really upset, you can buy a module to make it think you're stopped while driving. There are some side effects of that module, but if it's really important to play w/ the navi while driving then it's worth it. My Acura allows me to play w/ the Navi no problems while driving.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Locking the nav functions is just stupid. If the driver is dumb enough to wreck while messing with the controls, it's not Infiniti's fault. Infiniti is assuming everyone in the front is driving, passengers included.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There are some side effects of that module, but if it's really important to play w/ the navi while driving then it's worth it.
Hey Thorin, curious to hear what you deem the side effects are for the module. I have one installed and have been pretty happy with it...

·
Registered
58 Posts
If they actually had forward thinking designers and development, they could have tied it in to the passenger seat air bag sensor, assuming that thing works properly, mine occasionally indicates that the passenger air bag is off when there is a passenger sitting there,

But they could have figured out a way to allow navigation screen control by a passenger while driving, some other members indicated that other manufacturers allow operation while driving after their initial agreement screen, so maybe if enough of us complain, then maybe in the future they will change it.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
It would be nice if they could tie the navigation unit to the right front seat passenger so that you can use the full functions of the system. I do understand the safety reason behind it however. I have gotten so used to the Infiniti Personal Assistant and use it frequently since they tend to be able to find some destinations that sometimes are difficult to load into the unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts