Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't believe how awful the nav weather map is!! I live in DC and the map shows Ohio to Georgia...totally useless without zoom (besides the resolution is crap). I wonder if they even tested this "feature" before production

·
Registered
524 Posts
The sad part, we are all used to internet-based weather mapping. When car companies try to recreate this experience they typically fail. The G37 loaner (JX on order) weather sucks as well so I'm assuming it's the same basic system.

I don't understand why car companies don't simply clone or license the smartphone rather than try and create something unique. Then tether a local phone for on-demand updates.

I also hope one day cars tap into my home WiFi to provide local mapping updates rather than buy a disk for updates in areas I never visit.

While I'm creating a Christmas wish list, how nice would it be if my JX grabbed local traffic/weather conditions at 5am each morning, then did a quick update as I start the car/before I backout of the garage. As I'm sipping my coffee, my JX tells me of the weather, traffic, and recommends the best path to work. Might as well buffer a few hours worth of pandora and grab a few Podcasts while it's not busy.

Back to your original question, yes it sucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No idea why your weather is not showing DC area, but I would not blame Infiniti for the crappyness, it is coming from Sirius. Blame them. My weather is just fine, it shows the weather in Baltimore, which is the closest large city it has info for. When I was at Ocean City MD, it would show the weather for Dover DE, which I would assume was the closest city it had for where I was.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm talking about the actual map...the weather forecast is fine. When I see dark clouds, I would like to pull up the map and see the storms and where they are.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting that Toyota vehicles have zoom capability for their radar map. Does anyone actually find the weather radar map useful?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts