Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 5,000 miles on my JX. I have the AWD model. I have been averaging 21.5 city and 24-25.6 on the highway. I have used only Shell V-Power (93 octane) since day 1. While these are not staggering numbers I am happy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I now have 5,000 miles on my JX. I have the AWD model. I have been averaging 21.5 city and 24-25.6 on the highway. I have used only Shell V-Power (93 octane) since day 1. While these are not staggering numbers I am happy.
Liquid Platinum how much of your city driving is stop and go? I am in stop and go traffic a lot and do 75 to 80% city driving. The best I have got so far is 16.5 and not thrilled. Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong? Do you drive in ECO mode? I am mostly driving in standard mode.

·
Registered
146 Posts
IMG_3780.jpg

We took a 200 miles road trip yesterday, 60% highway 40% local with 15mph traffic for 20+ mies. 4 adults 1 child front and rear ac on blast all day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am getting horrible gas mileage; only averaging 12 mpg. This is worse than the MB GL 450 with the same driving conditions. Are you all driving in ECO mode? Also do you have FWD or AWD.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Our first tank was around that milage but it is pretty consistant at 21.0. I drive in the standard mode and really don't have a lead foot. I'm curious to see what kind of milage you will get on a long non-stop trip. If your milage continues to be that bad, I'd take it to the dealership and have the service department check it out. Keep us posted on what your getting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 1000 miles on my JX now, FWD.

First tank was 100% "city" in Dallas area and got 22 mpg with ECO mode.
Second and third tank was a jant down to Houston (at least 85% highway) and actually got a little worse - about 21 mpg. This is with ECO mode and manual mode shifted to 6th to minimize RPM with cruise on. However I was driving at 80-85 MPH during this time.

I am not surprised that the hwy and city mpg is about the same with the CVT. I just wish they would get a firmware release out to fix the +500 rpm with cruise on so I wouldn't have to remember to put it back in drive when needing to accelerate.

Also using 93 octane fuel here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We hit 4,000 miles on ours this weekend. The majority of that has been city driving and we're averaging 20.8 over that first 4,000 miles. Mostly, we leave it in normal, though it spends more time in Sport mode when I get to drive it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ALL...I too have just climbed over the 2000 miles point and am averaging 20.3 mpg!!! This is fanatastic considering friving my old Mazda CX-9 only got me 15 - 17 mpg over the same roads!!! Here is what I have learned:

I used to have a lead foot!! The CVT is an interesting creature but it has taught me that taking off from a dead stop and trying to floor it only revs the engine to 5000 RPM! Same with passing. But if I gradually increase the speed the numbers stay consistent. Try this. Go to your touch screen and hit settings...then select fuel economy. Then select current fuel economy. You will get a bar graph that basically shows you instant mpg! What I do is try to keep the car between the 20 and 30 mpg range! Its very very interesting how your driving style changes. Granted if I were a lot younger than 48 then I probably would want a car that gave me that instant off the line 0 - 60 in 3.1 secs..but this is a 7 passenger vehicle and one must expect that its NOT a sports car. For me its an excellent vehicle. But its not for everyone!

I hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Raoden,
Alot of my city driving is stop and go. I always drive in standard mode, tried eco but it is just too restrictive. What octane gas are you using?? In the owners manual there is a small section about fuel. I gathered that it is pretty important to run premium if you want optimal engine performance, i.e. gas mileage. I have never got as low as 16.5....kind of surprises me. I only fill up at Shell because it is a "top tier fuel" station.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Running about 20 mpg half freeway/half stop n go with very light throttle use. Tranny in standard mode using regular grade fuel.

I plan to try two weeks at regular octane and two at high, compare the difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just recorded a 24.5 MPG average with 80% hwy, 20% city with 1300 miles now on the odo. Using 93 octane and ECO mode most of the time. Hwy speeds are 75-80 mph.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The mileage is decent for what it is. Unless they come out with a hybrid I don't see it getting any better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts