Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have had my JX for just over a week now, when we picked up the vehicle at the dealership last Monday the remaining mileage indicated we had 610 km until the next fill, this morning I filled the vehicle after the low fuel light came on with about 70 km remaining on the indicator, when I started up the vehicle again it showed that I had 525 km until the next fill! Is this correct? Or do I have to reset something?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have my JX just over 400km and need a fillup now.
I found that the DTE (Distance To Empty) estimate seems so inaccurate... it was 299km one day and then after driving a while, it's down to 160km, and suddenly it would go down to 99km, and so on, while the average fuel economy remains pretty stable at 15.1L/100km.
I'm not sure if it's their software glitches or maybe inaccurate fuel tank sensor, or perhaps it's again because the engine is too new so the stats is not very accurate at this point?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I doubt it is a software glitch. Mine works fine with slight fluctuate that is consistent with the dynamic MPG, not the average MPG. The feul tank sensor may misread when you go uphill or down hill, or suddern turns.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I find it to be horribly inaccurate as well as the gas guage. The gas gauge at 1/2 (traveling about 250 miles) will show 200 miles remaining.... However, when I get to about 330 miles, the gauge will quickly shoot to red, the low gas light goes on, but the computer still shows 110 miles to empty....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah apparently JX shows the low fuel warning light based on the gas gauge rather than the DTE their software calculates... perhaps Nissan doesn't trust their own software? :)
My last BMW shows fuel warning based on DTE so I always got the warning chime exactly when the computer thinks my car has fuel only good for 50km more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just did a quick math based on our tank total capacity is 75L, and I got the low fuel light, and drove about a total of 440km before filling up 67L of fuel. My math yields approx 15.2L/100km fuel economy which aligns with what my JX computer shows, and that I could probably drive approx 60km more when i got the low fuel light, which also kind of agrees with the DTE of 67km the computer shows.
So perhaps I should take my previous comment back and JX's DTE and fuel econ average are apparently quite accurate...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just did a quick math based on our tank total capacity is 75L, and I got the low fuel light, and drove about a total of 440km before filling up 67L of fuel. My math yields approx 15.2L/100km fuel economy which aligns with what my JX computer shows, and that I could probably drive approx 60km more when i got the low fuel light, which also kind of agrees with the DTE of 67km the computer shows.
So perhaps I should take my previous comment back and JX's DTE and fuel econ average are apparently quite accurate...
Seems legit.

But what JudDish reported has me thinking there's a real problem....

I find it to be horribly inaccurate as well as the gas guage. The gas gauge at 1/2 (traveling about 250 miles) will show 200 miles remaining.... However, when I get to about 330 miles, the gauge will quickly shoot to red, the low gas light goes on, but the computer still shows 110 miles to empty....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've never found the systems on the Infiniti to be accurate. I guess the JX is the same. Anyone ever see how much miles or kms you can still drive after the light?
Last week, I ran the DTE down to 8 miles. Needle on the gas gauge was right over the top of the E. I dont remember when exactly the fuel warning originally popped. Somewhere around 1/8 tank, and with about 50-ish miles on the DTE, maybe?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've never found the systems on the Infiniti to be accurate. I guess the JX is the same. Anyone ever see how much miles or kms you can still drive after the light?
I haven't really tried it out with the JX for how many reserve gallons of gas there are after the warning light for low fuel shows ---. It should initially come on with a number of miles left such as 40. There is still a measure of reserve after it goes to --- (ie 0).

In my 2007 G35, the indicator comes on at about 30-35 miles and counts down to about 18-20 at which point, it flips right over to ---. I've still gone about 15 more miles without problems in the past. G35 forum posts show that the consensus is about 2 gals after the G35 goes to ---. I would guess it's about the same in the JX.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It was always out of whack with the G and got worse through the years...Infiniti needs to address it.

I've done 30 miles after the light comes on, but definitely do not recommend...scary feeling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts