Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my JX two weeks ago and truly love the vehicle. Works well for my family that is expanding to a fifth member in August. However, buying this vehicle has been a horrible experience. The rest of this story is to help me let off some steam.

I live in NYC but bought it in NJ as they had it with the options and most importantly the interior and exterior colors I wanted. It started with not having my all weather mats when I picked it up. They said they were sold out and would order me a set. And since I am from NY they gave me temporary plates. During the first weekend, I noticed three areas with small scratches that were touched up. I was furious that there were damages on the vehicle and was not told. I emailed the sales rep who states he was not aware of the damage but will follow up with the detail department. Gave him a few days and never got a response. I called the dealership and found out the sales rep is no longer working there. Immediately, I asked for the sales manager and explained my issue and asked to follow up on the scratches, NY plates, and my weather mats. Sent him the email chain so he had the history. Waited a few days and still no response. Called yesterday and left a voicemail and asked the receptionist to leave him a note and I still got not response. Fortunately, I remember another sales rep who helped show me how to synch my phone to the JX. Sent him the email with the history and he responded that he will look into it. Today, he asked me to bring in the car so they can look at the damages. Unless they respray the car, I don't see how they can repair those scratches. Also, still no news on my plates nor my mats. BTW, my temporary plates expire on the 18th.
I have owned a Nissan, Acura, and Lexus', and never have been treated this poorly. The dealership was agressive when we were negotiating pricing, but I am pulling teeth after the purchase. Regret purchasing the JX from this Infiniti dealer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I got my JX two weeks ago and truly love the vehicle. Works well for my family that is expanding to a fifth member in August. However, buying this vehicle has been a horrible experience. The rest of this story is to help me let off some steam.

I live in NYC but bought it in NJ as they had it with the options and most importantly the interior and exterior colors I wanted. It started with not having my all weather mats when I picked it up. They said they were sold out and would order me a set. And since I am from NY they gave me temporary plates. During the first weekend, I noticed three areas with small scratches that were touched up. I was furious that there were damages on the vehicle and was not told. I emailed the sales rep who states he was not aware of the damage but will follow up with the detail department. Gave him a few days and never got a response. I called the dealership and found out the sales rep is no longer working there. Immediately, I asked for the sales manager and explained my issue and asked to follow up on the scratches, NY plates, and my weather mats. Sent him the email chain so he had the history. Waited a few days and still no response. Called yesterday and left a voicemail and asked the receptionist to leave him a note and I still got not response. Fortunately, I remember another sales rep who helped show me how to synch my phone to the JX. Sent him the email with the history and he responded that he will look into it. Today, he asked me to bring in the car so they can look at the damages. Unless they respray the car, I don't see how they can repair those scratches. Also, still no news on my plates nor my mats. BTW, my temporary plates expire on the 18th.
I have owned a Nissan, Acura, and Lexus', and never have been treated this poorly. The dealership was agressive when we were negotiating pricing, but I am pulling teeth after the purchase. Regret purchasing the JX from this Infiniti dealer.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Yes, contact Infiniti Customer Affairs and share your poor experience and demand they help you. We've had members with customer service issues where they were taken care of with things like service agreements and extended warranties. Try them here: Infiniti Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068-5003
Phone: 800-662-6200

Also, one of our moderators, Sinecure, is a sales representative from one of California's top Infiniti dealerships. You can private message him and ask for advice on how to proceed. He is a salesperson I would trust and takes care of his customers very well. Infiniti takes pride on customer service and they should make things right for you. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Your welcome and please keep us posted. With so many ways of letting the public know about bad business practices, it nice to expose bad service and behavior. For the money you pay for a luxury car, you deserve better.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Best suggestion I have is to contact Infiniti if you feel you've exhausted your possibilities at the dealership. Remember the dealership wants all "10's" on the survey Infiniti is going to send you. Make them earn it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Happy Father's Day to all!

Thanks for the advice.

I escalated my issue to the dealerships manager and he got the sales manager to call me back (finally). I brought in my JX on Saturday and was informed they will need to repaint the rear fender and rear passenger door to fix the scratches. Will keep a service loaner for the week and should be able to pick it up next Saturday. The sales manager gave me 6 Infiniti engraved scotch glasses for my troubles which I returned to him. Told him they need to find something more suitable and something for the car.

Should I ask for something specific and what do you guys recommend?

I have the premium package with the stainless steel bumper protector, kick plates, roof rails and bars, auto start, and of course those weather mats.

Forged rims??? :confused: Which will never happen at this dealership.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Happy Father's Day to all!

Thanks for the advice.

I escalated my issue to the dealerships manager and he got the sales manager to call me back (finally). I brought in my JX on Saturday and was informed they will need to repaint the rear fender and rear passenger door to fix the scratches. Will keep a service loaner for the week and should be able to pick it up next Saturday. The sales manager gave me 6 Infiniti engraved scotch glasses for my troubles which I returned to him. Told him they need to find something more suitable and something for the car.

Should I ask for something specific and what do you guys recommend?

I have the premium package with the stainless steel bumper protector, kick plates, roof rails and bars, auto start, and of course those weather mats.

Forged rims??? :confused: Which will never happen at this dealership.
If you didn't purchase the maintenance or extended warranty packages, I'd shoot for one of those to be thrown in, or at least at a bargain price.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Or at least a free oil change or two or three. Let them give you something that only "costs" them a little, but saves you a bunch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update: I got my JX back this weekend and I am happy with the paint job. Can't tell there was work done at all. Also got the weather mats as promised. To make it up to me, the dealership came through with the rims. Thanks to BobOB and Sincure for your advice!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Good for you! I'm so glad things worked out for you. From what I've seen, most Infiniti dealerships really want to make their customers happy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear about your run around. I purchased mine in NJ also, but I have to say, I had the complete opposite experience and I was extremely happy from start to finish at my dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts