Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you adjust the duration of the automatic headlight off timer? The Infiniti JX manual on pg 4-11 says to go to your Settings > Comfort key. When I push the Settings button, I don't see an option for Comfort. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
524 Posts
How do you adjust the duration of the automatic headlight off timer? The Infiniti JX manual on pg 4-11 says to go to your Settings > Comfort key. When I push the Settings button, I don't see an option for Comfort. Am I missing something?
It's not in the settings. You have the option to select the delay timer from the little screen between the RPM and speedo gauge. I don't remember the specific steps, but choose far right option to access Vehicle Setup, then choose lighting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In the information display, go to Settings > Vehicle Settings > Light Off Delay. Use the Enter button to change the duration.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I found it. Thank you all for your help. Now my next task is to figure out how to turn off the seat and steering wheel moving backward and forward when you stop and start the car. I went through the manual again this evening and couldn't find it. Is this function also in the information display?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
For those features, you need to go through the settings located on the smaller screen behind the steering wheel. You can modify a lot of items there. Things like moving the seat and wheel on exit can be turned off, also if you don't like the mirrors to move down upon reverse, you can turn that off too.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes, I found it. Thank you all for your help. Now my next task is to figure out how to turn off the seat and steering wheel moving backward and forward when you stop and start the car. I went through the manual again this evening and couldn't find it. Is this function also in the information display?

BobO answered your question. Same location as the light delay settings.

Btw, light delay,seat/steering wheel moving was the 1st items disabled. I don't understand why anyone would like the wheel/seat to move. Seems like it just slows me down.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
if you don't like the mirrors to move down upon reverse, you can turn that off too.
You're right on the other stuff, but for the mirrors, the way to accomplish that is to set the the little toggle switch for adjusting the mirrors in the center position - the position where you can't adjust either mirror by moving the adjuster pad. If the toggle is set left or right, the mirrors will tilt down. If it is set in the center, they won't. There may be a software setting for this too, but I haven't seen that yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts