Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the heels of updating my HID bulbs, I realized that I still had two W5W bulbs left from another upgrade. It's just a 5 SMD LED and I may get something brighter. The passenger side was a little bit of a hassle to install just like the HID but it's doable.

A little over exposed, the auto lens hasn't corrected for it yet. But this is the type of picture you'd expect from most pictures online. It's not actually that bright.
Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle

After a little waiting for the phone camera to adjust
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

Plant Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood

My next task is to see if I can change the turn signal into a switchback DRL LED. It would be on all the time as white and then turn to amber when the switch is activated.

I've seen alot of hacks which require splicing the wires and such. But I'd like to get it done a little easier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like what you have done, looks good..I am still trying to find a wire that comes on when the engine starts.. I have some LED DRL I am going to install

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Have you thought of getting a DRL harness? It's more expensive than getting a T-Tap but slightly easier to deal with. I recommend get an add-a-fuse or fuse tap if you want an always hot line. That may be easier to deal with as well. Try searching for the windshield wipers fuse, that should be always hot. I previously thought the defroster fuse would be good, but heard that was inside the car and not in the hood.

Hrm. I wonder if there is a fuse for parking sensors.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, yeah it may not be doable since no one makes that wire harness and we don't use dual filament bulbs. JLC Lighting says that their 1157 switch back should work as long as the parking light is on and when the blinker is on it will switch to amber. But that means I have to turn the parking light on all the time and manually change it to headlight. Not really an automatic DRL in my view.

So I'm still checking.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks.

Have you thought of getting a DRL harness? It's more expensive than getting a T-Tap but slightly easier to deal with. I recommend get an add-a-fuse or fuse tap if you want an always hot line. That may be easier to deal with as well. Try searching for the windshield wipers fuse, that should be always hot. I previously thought the defroster fuse would be good, but heard that was inside the car and not in the hood.

Hrm. I wonder if there is a fuse for parking sensors.
thank you....there is not a whole lot under the hood as far as wire and stuff that is easy to get to,
but since my son is a Infiniti tech as of last week... he is looking also

·
Registered
44 Posts
I looked at it, it does not look to bad, but!! I am not going to mess with the wiring on a $57K car.
Because I don't know how many other things are tied into the turn signal circuit.
like the lane departure feature.....and who knows how many others...just saying

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's mainly tapping wires from the controller to the bulbs so that's not a huge issue. Cutting the wrong wire from the controller to the bulb does hurt a little but that's also minimal repair.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What did you change the HID bulbs too? I'm a little disappointed in the output of the stock HID bulbs, and was thinking about putting in CBI bulbs.

I have an issue with the lights flickering that I need to get addressed, and I'm not sure if I want to upgrade the bulbs before that is fixed. As of now they haven't been able to see the problem, but I need to drive with them once it gets dark out early. I don't want them to say that the new bulbs are the problem when i clearly see the issue with the current bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts