Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody installed day running light in JX35? It looks like front bumper has perfect places for LED light, but I'm not sure how it will looks like...

·
Registered
31 Posts
For the non hybrid version the philips set I mentioned that I bought would just be powered from a 12vdc source in the engine compartment. I have the hybrid version so it had to get power from a spot in the fuse box in the cabin that only gets 12vdc when the car is powered on. Since mine had the extra step of finding a spot I just went to a car audio place and had them put them in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car Vehicle Tire Grille Wheel
Here is my JX35 with LED day running lights installed by the dealer in Bahrain. They're very cool. They run very bright at daytime, and dim a little when the headlights are on at night.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very nice, I like the location. Shame Infiniti didn't just do this and give them to us from the factory.

·
Registered
524 Posts
View attachment 2369
Here is my JX35 with LED day running lights installed by the dealer in Bahrain. They're very cool. They run very bright at daytime, and dim a little when the headlights are on at night.
Can you please post a closer picture of one LED lights? A little off-set to get a good reference point. I really like the location compared with others that mounted their lights near the flood lights.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks for posting the extra picture. I've zoomed in to see the flashing, the plastic around the LED. Is the flashing black, or the same color as your paint?

Also, I wonder if the dealer removed your bumper. I'll have to dig around my engine compartment to see my options. I'm hopeing there is an easy access spot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it was somewhat of a major job, and I imagine that they did remove the bumper to make the cutout for the LEDs. The surrounding plastic is of the same color as the car, and it looks very professional and original. It'd better be or I wouldn't have paid close to $590 for the whole thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anybody figure out why Infiniti was too cheap to use factory LED's when even the base Rogue gets them. Get with the program Infiniti.... Yes, I still love my JX but factory LED's should have been a no brainer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Only Infiniti knows a specific answer but best bet is thank the bean counters... I'm sure they'll show up come the mid life refresh, probably for MY 2016. (MY = Model Year)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts