Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner to clean the leather seats in my cars. These two products do a very good job of cleaning and maintaining the leather seats!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was going to post about this, but other things came up. Originally, I started with a product called leather honey: http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Honey...3HV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336672879&sr=8-1 . It's a gooey, sticky leather treater that is left on for 2 hours and then wiped off..... IT SUCKED. Luckily, I only did one seat, but I ended up having to use mineral spirits to get it off. It made the leather look like it had streaks and it was tacky to the touch. I chose that stuff because I was out of my usual stuff from Zaino, called Z-10 Leather in a Bottle: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2...ode=Z-10&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=15 . Like an idiot, I was looking for a quick fix, because the Zaino was backordered. I swear by Zaino products (their car polish is excellent and lasts over 6 months)... Not only does the leather in a bottle give a nice sheen to the leather, it really softens and protects it (I've used it in past cars). Its easy to apply and not that expensive.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The Lexol stuff is good. I've also tried the autoglym leather balm. Not bad either. Just keep it conditioned and it wont dry and crack.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Jive used Muguier's spray on leather cleaner/protector for years with good results. Super easy to spray on, wipe off.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
As long as you do it regularly any brand should work for you. Keeping the leather out of sun also helps. The sun accelerates the drying and cracking of leather.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As long as you do it regularly any brand should work for you. Keeping the leather out of sun also helps. The sun accelerates the drying and cracking of leather.
Yeaup! just always keep it in check, clean it and use sprays, try to refrain from amour all though, muight dry it out too quickly!

·
Registered
149 Posts
i use the meguairs leather wipes, really easy to use and leaves a nice light coat. I use to do detailing and learned all you need is a light coat of leather treatment.

my trick is all purpose wipes first, let it dry, then leather wipes

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use Einznett cleaner along with a little soft bristle brush to get off stains and what not then apply Armor all leather conditoner. It brings the leather back to life all the time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Do we need to treat the new car right now or should we wait for a few more months? Didn't Infiniti put sonething to protect the leather before they ship the car?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well to protect at at this point is no harm , even though it may be pointless its no harm to always maintain it keep it clean and add whatever protestants to it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Any sort of conditioner is better than nothing. You can clean it anyway you like as long as you don't use a very strong detergent that will dry up the leather and put the protectant on afterwards. I've used leather care products from all different manufacturers. I find they all work well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any sort of conditioner is better than nothing. You can clean it anyway you like as long as you don't use a very strong detergent that will dry up the leather and put the protectant on afterwards. I've used leather care products from all different manufacturers. I find they all work well.
Well said could not of said it better myself!

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's best to start new.... The leather is clean and will take a moisturizer well... I can guarantee you that Infiniti didn't do jack to the leather. It's all about margins.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeller, try your local car quest. They carry Duragloss. If not, contact the company directly, they are located in Burlington NC and have great customer service!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Moisturizing it from new is always the best and easiest way. The leather takes the moisturizers well when its brand new.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeller, try your local car quest. They carry Duragloss. If not, contact the company directly, they are located in Burlington NC and have great customer service!
Thanks for the store advice, but for some reason there aren't any carquest's around. I'll stop by AutoZone since they seem to be on every corner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts