Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was going to post about this, but other things came up. Originally, I started with a product called leather honey: http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Honey...3HV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336672879&sr=8-1 . It's a gooey, sticky leather treater that is left on for 2 hours and then wiped off..... IT SUCKED. Luckily, I only did one seat, but I ended up having to use mineral spirits to get it off. It made the leather look like it had streaks and it was tacky to the touch. I chose that stuff because I was out of my usual stuff from Zaino, called Z-10 Leather in a Bottle: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2...ode=Z-10&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=15 . Like an idiot, I was looking for a quick fix, because the Zaino was backordered. I swear by Zaino products (their car polish is excellent and lasts over 6 months)... Not only does the leather in a bottle give a nice sheen to the leather, it really softens and protects it (I've used it in past cars). Its easy to apply and not that expensive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i use the meguairs leather wipes, really easy to use and leaves a nice light coat. I use to do detailing and learned all you need is a light coat of leather treatment.

my trick is all purpose wipes first, let it dry, then leather wipes

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Any sort of conditioner is better than nothing. You can clean it anyway you like as long as you don't use a very strong detergent that will dry up the leather and put the protectant on afterwards. I've used leather care products from all different manufacturers. I find they all work well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any sort of conditioner is better than nothing. You can clean it anyway you like as long as you don't use a very strong detergent that will dry up the leather and put the protectant on afterwards. I've used leather care products from all different manufacturers. I find they all work well.
Well said could not of said it better myself!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts