Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...was wondering how often if at all do you get the ldw malfunction error? Since I got my jx about 3 weeks ago I would say 75 to 80 % of me taking it out. I live in Staten island ny and always take the same routes and it would ramdomly malfunction. In the manual your supposed to pull over and restart the car. What a great feature!!! Pull over on the highway to reset. The jx is my wife's car and our long hauler with the baby. If the kid is asleep and I pull over and restart everything those little eyes open up asap. Specially if the tv is playing and suddenly the sound stops. It also happens randomly and never in the same route. I also have a Mercedes with that feature and never have I had to pull over and restart anything. The car is jx with all the 4 pkgs.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We've only had the FCW malfunction once (I've had the car for almost 5 months now). And we had to pull over and restart the car. The specific message was something like sonar malfunction or something like that.

There are times when going fast over a couple of bumps fast and the wheels spin or slip, all the avoidance systems switch off. This happens when the 4 wheel drive system kicks in. The system avoids using the differential braking for lane departure, etc when the road conditions are not optimal. It uses the differential braking and power to run the pseudo 4 wheel drive. This is a good thing for us. You don't want the LDW system to kick the car into a skid in rain or snow.
When this happens, the system on our car beeps and a message is displayed saying the systems are switched off. We just have to press the button on the steering wheel to switch them back on. We don't have to pull over.

Which of these messages are you getting on your car?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I disagree...you paid for it so "don't turn it on" is not acceptable in my opinion. Get it checked...I've never had a malfunction in 4000 miles so far and I always turn it on

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get what your saying Quick, but the car wont use the braking unless the LDP is turned on, not the LDW. I'm referring to just the warning that your drifting out of your lane. Once that malfunctions i can't turn on the LDP or BSI.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I get what your saying Quick, but the car wont use the braking unless the LDP is turned on, not the LDW. I'm referring to just the warning that your drifting out of your lane. Once that malfunctions i can't turn on the LDP or BSI.
Looks like most of us don't have these problems. Definitely take it to your dealer and get it checked out. Also make a complaint to Infiniti so that they'll make a note of it against your VIN.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It appears this issue is still a problem. Bought my jx nov6th and took a road trip right away. Had this malfunction happen all the time. The dealership has ordered the replacement parts and hopefully on dec 2nd it will be functioning properly. When turning the LDI and LDW off my BSI now occasionally changes from white to orange but still work properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts