Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to my dealer today for my oil change and told them that the LDP/LDW is working on the left and beeps when you touch the line

The right side does not beep until the car is halfway over the WELL MARKED LANE MARKERS

They said that it is calibrated within specs and not throwing an error and to make sure I am doing over 45 MPH. Wow, thanks captain obvious. You think he would have deducted this when I told him the symptoms

The tech came over and said "I drove it, it's fine"

I can't stand it when mechanics give canned responses, they know what they are going to say even before you finish because they know more than you. This was the first negative experience at my dealer, I hope this doesn't start being a pattern,

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I find that it seems to work better with dashed lines than solid. Also, little raised dots make it even more accurate. It does still work on solid lines, just better on dashed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I went to my dealer today for my oil change and told them that the LDP/LDW is working on the left and beeps when you touch the line

The right side does not beep until the car is halfway over the WELL MARKED LANE MARKERS

They said that it is calibrated within specs and not throwing an error and to make sure I am doing over 45 MPH. Wow, thanks captain obvious. You think he would have deducted this when I told him the symptoms

The tech came over and said "I drove it, it's fine"

I can't stand it when mechanics give canned responses, they know what they are going to say even before you finish because they know more than you. This was the first negative experience at my dealer, I hope this doesn't start being a pattern,
my Son says the Tech could have recalibrated it...but was probably not getting paid for it so he said screw it !!!! BTW my son is a Tech for Infiniti

·
Registered
6 Posts
my Son says the Tech could have recalibrated it...but was probably not getting paid for it so he said screw it !!!! BTW my son is a Tech for Infiniti
Just curious, why would the Tech not get paid for it?

Is it common for Tech to not get paid for work such as this? It kind of makes me think twice about taking the car to the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a question about LDP - it looks it doesn't work at all, so, it suppose to return you back on your lane if your car was drifted away, is it right? I tried to activate it many times with different configurations, but it unable to actually return me back to the lane. Is it normal behavior?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I have a question about LDP - it looks it doesn't work at all, so, it suppose to return you back on your lane if your car was drifted away, is it right? I tried to activate it many times with different configurations, but it unable to actually return me back to the lane. Is it normal behavior?
If you start to drift into another lane without signaling, you should get a slight nudge into your lane, but it isn't going to be as aggressive as when you attempt to lane change when the blind spot indicator is active. I've relied on both systems extensively during our east coast trip and it really came in handy during night driving under very heavy rain conditions.

Make sure your settings are turned on by using the steering wheel control on the left side of the wheel. Go through the menu until you see the settings to make sure all systems are turned on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts