Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I briefly disconnected my JX35's main battery terminal from its post, so as to clean & brush away some small mineral build-up in & around the terminal, to prevent corrosion.

So after cleaning the terminal post, I had reconnected the terminals once more. To my expectation & also to my delight, the navigation, clock, power windows, and other prior settings (audio, bluetooth) were retained.

However, the system could not detect my 2 key fobs, not unless I touch the key fobs to the ignition-start button. At least, I could put it in Accessory and also start the car. The instrument panel LCD also keeps flashing "Key not detected" when I take the key fob away from touching the ignition-start button. Even then, none of the buttons on the key fobs are working. Remote start, lock, unlock, power trunk, and panic button elicited no action. The 2 key fobs were fine before the battery disconnect.

Thank you for any advice.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I would contact the service department. I do recall reading something about this but can't find the details. Your dealership probably can get you back in service over the phone. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today afternoon , I brought my JX35 to the dealership service. They were very accommodating indeed.

Preliminary diagnostics reveal one of the 3 ECU is "red" , while the other 2 of 3 are "green" and working. I was told that one of the 3 ECU that is "red" cannot communicate with their diagnostics and therefore could not give a report.

Today, in addition to the 2 Key Fobs that are not detected:

A). TPMS lits up & banner says "TPMS ERROR: Please See Manual".
B). Power seats don't perform the usual exit sliding upon ignition off.
C). Steering wheel does not perform the usual Tilting up upon ignition off.

The very accommodating service technicians were trying to contact their own support, but the time difference between Pacific & Eastern time meant it has to wait till tomorrow AM.

My JX35 is in the shop overnight.

And just like the Nationwide Insurance TV ad, my baby is in the shop & I 'm an anxious parent. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After much ado, the ECU's fuse was busted. A $6 fuse was placed.

I was only charged an hour's service time ($120), which I honestly consider fair knowing that the techs took nearly 3 hours accumulative time working on this.

For me & also to the techs, it was a valuable teaching experience. Simple things to consider first prior to more complex troubleshooting.

So for folks out there disconnecting their car's battery & reattaching it, if an ECU seems not to be working, ask to double-check the fuses first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts