Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's going to change as Infiniti removes the JX35 badge from the back of the vehicle and replaces it with a QX60 badge? The short answer is not a lot. Except of course there's going to be a hybrid version - that's a big change.

First, the exterior - no new colors. There will now be a "3.5" badge added to the front fender of the gasser, and a "Hybrid" badge on the hybrid.

Interior - the Deluxe Touring package will add a power return third row seat.

Infiniti will be splitting the Premium package into Premium and Premium Plus. Remote Start and Heated steering wheel moved to the Premium package (was part of Driver's Assistance in JX35). Rain sensing wipers are moved to the Premium Plus package.

What's the difference b/w Premium and Premium Plus? Easiest way is to answer what does Plus add:
- Navigation, including NavTraffic, NavWeather and Zagat Guide
- Voice Command
- Infiniti Connection telematics system
- Around View Monitor w/ Moving Object Detection and front/rear sonar
- In-dash CD/DVD player
- Rain sensing wipers

You will be able to get Driver's Assistance package w/out Premium Plus package. In order to get Theater, you'll need to get Premium and Premium Plus packages - same for Deluxe Touring.

Other packages and contents remain the same.

For the Hybrid version, things are a bit more streamlined. There will basically be two package options - a la the current JX.
- HEV Premium Package - Includes contents of Premium and Premium Plus packages.
- HEV Deluxe Touring Package - Essentially loaded. Includes what in JX is called Premium, Deluxe Touring and Technology packages. It is unclear right now whether Theater is required with HEV Deluxe Touring, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is. Also, I'm not certain that the power 3rd row seats are available in the hybrid.

You can get HEV Premium and add Driver's Assistance package. With HEV Deluxe Touring, Driver's Assistance changes names to "Tech Package" and is included in the Deluxe Touring.

Questions? Ask away. You want to whine about how Infiniti didn't package things to be exactly the way you think you want them? Talk to the hand.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Out of curiosity, approximately how many JXs has your dealership sold? I have a feeling you'll be selling a lot of the QX60 Hybrids. Either are just very nice cars.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure how many we've sold as a dealership. I personally have sold dozens. Agreed on the hybrid.

QX56 has power up/down seat. It is slow. I actually prefer the manual method.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Don't forget it's a small battery and you can mold batteries into any shape you can think of. Sounds like they kept it thin, in the back so it's hard to notice (good design) instead of a big ugly block mounted to the rear seat.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been told no loss of space from the batteries. I asked twice for clarification when I was told that, and the answer confirmed, no loss of space.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QX60 is just a name change. Infiniti, like any car maker (except say Honda and their current gen civic LOL) will never change anything major on a new vehicle platform, that has been in the market for a year (unless you make the Civic LOL). They will (like the OP has verified) probably split packages to appeal to wider audience ($$$), and add some features like incremental updates so it makes it more appealing for new buyer (why buy a 2013 jx35 without say power return seats which the 2014 qx60 has those standard in some pack).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question rather than response

Could you possibly confirm what kind of product cycle Infiniti is currently on? As per my knowledge (based on the product cycle of the first gen qx56) Infiniti does 6 year cycles with a mid-cycle enhancement MY3 or MY4.

Going off that, are we likely to see the interior enhancements of the qx60 that match the interior enhancements of the q50 during the 2015 MY?

(rant)
I`m on the fence with the Qx60, as the only real competition in my mind is from the Acura MDX. With the launch of the 2014, it looks very appealing, however after looking at what infiniti came up with in the q50 im debating whether to wait or not.

It seems as the customization options for the driver profile are truly amazing, and Im hoping the Qx60 can benefit from them. The safety shield is nice, but the inability of hooking my smartphone upto to get apps, and integration is a let down, and the interior is bit inflated. Would like the clean lines of the q50.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lifecycles vary a bit from car to car, so no real answer there.

I haven't heard anything about changing to the tranny that's in the PF, so I'm assuming Infiniti is sticking with the current one.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the tech from the Q50 make its way into the QX60 eventually, but it doesn't appear that will happen in the 2014 MY. There is definitely a lot of tech from the JX going into the Q50.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts