Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Always be ready to switch off the nanny systems. The button will be normally right next to your right thumb.
I've never had problems.

Maybe they can link hotspots to the GPS so the systems switch off when the car gets to the metal bridges.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always be ready to switch off the nanny systems. The button will be normally right next to your right thumb.
I've never had problems.

Maybe they can link hotspots to the GPS so the systems switch off when the car gets to the metal bridges.
Is that what the issue is, metal bridges?

·
Registered
146 Posts
very possible that it is driver error. Infiniti has had this system on other vehicles prior to the JX so its not something new

·
Registered
248 Posts
I dunno... I read the MotorTrend piece, sounds like Infiniti is really playing it down. They say it's not a safety defect, yet they say they are working on a solution. Say what? And only 2 cars? Out of how many? Toyota got creamed over a few cars out of millions doing the unintended acceleration trick. I get more excited all the time for our car that's on order :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I'm not concerned because if it is an issue, Infiniti has no choice to fix it. I'm used to it and know when its time to switch it off. Like quickswoosh stated, I keep my thumb near the switch while I'm driving and its second nature to shut it down during heavy traffic situations where steep inclines/decents, cars in front of you slowing and making right or left turns. It is a good feature.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm pretty sure I will be able to fool it, but I don't want to have to teach my wife the driving dynamics situations where she has to outsmart the control system. Wow, just not cool. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I think after most drivers feel comfortable with the DCA, they will know when its time to shut the Nanny down. Personally, I keep the DCA on 99 percent of the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The button on the steering wheel switches off all the intervention systems. What you will be left with just the warning chimes.
I have a 2013 QX56 so let me first apologize for posting here and not being a JX owner. I am having this exact issue with our vehicle and I would assume they are similar setups. First of all there is a difference between IBA and (LDW, DCA and BSW). IBA is on by default and has to be disabled via a button located under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. The other three have to be activated by the button on the steering wheel. They are two totally separate systems that do two totally different things.

IBA is a collision avoidance system. It basically comes on when certain criteria are met with the laser. It spools the seat belts down and applies 50% of the braking force of the vehicle until a collision is no longer detected or the vehicle comes to a complete stop. It is there to either prevent a collision or reduce the vehicles speed before impact.

This vehicle is my wife's daily driver. Our IBA comes on 7 out of 10 times in the same exact location. It happens to be on a interstate merging ramp where speeds are around 55 MPH. Inifniti sent engineers from Japan to drive our QX and they were able to get it to replicate. That was 60-75 days ago with no fix other than turning IBA off. I have requested a buy back and was denied but Infiniti did pay one lease payment. They actually closed my case today for some reason so the QX is going back to the dealer tomorrow and I will not be picking it up until the problem is resolved. This is a major safety issue and my wife does not feel safe in this car anymore.

We have owned nothing but Nissan and Infiniti for the past 10 years. So far I am not impressed at all with how this is being handled. Infiniti needs to get their head out of the sand.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nuckle,

I'm a new JX owner and am very interested in this. Can you post a google street view of the location?
I've had the IBA come on when a car is trying to turn in the same lane, but the lane is wide enough to accommodate both cars. But the IBA will kick in the brakes and it won't engage the gas. Does IBA use the same system as the ICC unit which uses sonar? or use the Parking sensors? I know there are no lasers anymore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jx35 braking issue

My wife owns a brand new JX35 and twice the brakes didn't work in two weeks, with two different drivers. Hopefully they were driving very slowly and when they pushed on the brake pedal nothing happened, the car finally stopped on its own. The car is at the dealer now for 10 days and they didn't find the problem yet. Does someone had similar experience?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Our QX has a laser mounted under the front grill. My understanding is that IBA uses the laser. The others use sonar and cameras.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=33.5227...2QVU1iy-797utm5iD5VyiA&cbp=12,146.95,,0,15.91
I think the issue here is the "metal barriers" that give off a high "reflective" signal that makes the lasers think you're about to hit another car. If this situation happened to me and my wife, and I know it's always the same spot, I wouldn't return the car. But that's just me and I'm sure others will have their own opinions also. I specifically bought the JX since I liked all the driver assistance packages. There are times when it DOES brake all of a sudden and then "recovers". When it does occur, I do notice some sort of road anomaly. I personally LOVE it. The best part is that I can always turn it off.

With regards to the "2 incidents of 2 different cars ON THE SAME EXACT METAL BRIDGE", well, my feelings are the same. If I ever go to the NYC area or any other areas that still have metal bridges, I'll be sure to turn the gizmos off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts