Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot for the life of me program the homelink button to my garage door opener. Any help? I tried the manuals for both the opener itself and the JX and in every order I could for hours and I cannot figure it out. Please help before I go crazy. The only difference for Canada is that the remote only transmits in 2 second intervals.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A lot of it will depend on the garage door opener you have. For mine, I was able to hold the homelink button in I wanted to program, hold the garage door remote about 2" from the homelink, and after about 15 seconds, it started flashing and the garage door closed. In my previous house, I had to push the little red button on the garage door mechanism to transmit the learning code and then run back to the car to hold down the homelink button (wasn't the JX).

Have you tried taking it back to the dealer for help?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some openers have variable radio frequencies, just like the one I bought from HomeDepot. Programming as per manual by holding the remote close to the visor and pressing the buttons at the same time does not work. What worked for me was to pres the Learn button on the door opener receiver then pressed one of the home link buttons on the JX. I think you need 30 secs to complete both. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts