Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the roof rails can serve any functional purpose other than an aesthetic one? There isn't any space between the roof rails and the car, so it looks like you have to pay the additional $290 for the cross bars on top of the $370 for the roof rails in order for them to work. I don't understand why Infiniti offers this as two separate options. I use the roof rails on my current SUV only once a year for my Christmas tree, and I'm wondering if it's worth getting on the JX...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I saw the roof rails on a midnight garnet at a dealer in CA about 10 days ago. They are a satin silver finish, so they don't quite match the chrome trim on the rest of the car, but that finish won't looked scratched after putting on and taking off crossrails. Probably not worth it unless you plan to use the crossbars or other attachments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roof rails and crossbars are available on the JX, practicality is for like AUGIE23 said, christmas trees, skis, kayaks, etc... you're not gonna be putting an extendable aluminum ladder up there though. they're lightweight racks for lightweight purposes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can the roof rails be used without the crossbars? It doesn't look like there is any space between the rails and the car, so you can't get any rope around it. So they appear to be useless unless you buy the cross bars.

The dealer told me that if you don't purchase the cross bars from Infiniti, then you can probably purchase something from a sports store to attach to the roof rails. Is this right? The roof rails on the JX didn't look like they could attach to anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts