Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the US MSRP for both the FWD and AWD have increased, barely 3 months into sales. The FWD increase by $100 up to 40,650 and the AWD increased by $500 up to 42,050. The additional cost for AWD is now almost $1500. There are also small increases in other accessories such as cargo package and roof rails and tow package.

If you have a JX on order, I don't know what that means to your order. You might want to check with your dealer. I'm fortunate to get mine early and be able to haggle $2000 of MSRP. Maybe you can get even more off now, so the overall cost is the same as before the increases.

·
Registered
248 Posts
AND, maple, once a free choice if you choose a Premium package, is now around $400 (for a different color plastic). Free no more... Roof rails went up $120...

I heard they did that on the QX line. Start low, generate interest, and then ramp up to the competition's level. It's a free market out there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very interesting. It does sound like a similar story to what happened with the QX. Some one posted about it on here 2-3 months ago. Glad we got in early. An extra 500 here, 100 there and the price slowly ticks up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered mine June 4th. MSRP for AWD and all the options just went up by $1,300. Curious if Infiniti will honor the old price ...

Peter

·
Registered
146 Posts
The original price for the car and diff packages was a little low compared to other vehicle manufactures. I guess they figured out how to make a few extra bucks

·
Registered
42 Posts
For those that are already own a JX or those of us with one on order this news is good for resale values...residuals. Vehicles like this that are in high demand hold their value better than average. I think the vehicle is still a good 1,500 below where it should be. The vehicle (features, size, quality, technology, etc) beats the competition for a significantly lower price. That will not last if demand remains this high.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If the price is locked into the contract you signed they won't change it.
That's an interesting question. When we were looking at ordering (before we found / bought our JX from another dealer's lot), the dealer we were working with didn't want to write up a contract until our vehicle came in. We were going to put down a deposit, order the vehicle, and negotiate the details when it arrived.

I said that was a strange way to do it and the dealer's response was that in the 2 months it would take for our JX to come in, our trade value might change, the JX pricing might change, and if we walked away from the deal later he knew he'd have plenty of buyers lined up for the JX. I'm guessing we would have been out an additional $2k or so if we ordered.

Did others sign contracts prior to ordering or have similar arrangements to us?

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's an interesting question. When we were looking at ordering (before we found / bought our JX from another dealer's lot), the dealer we were working with didn't want to write up a contract until our vehicle came in. We were going to put down a deposit, order the vehicle, and negotiate the details when it arrived.

I said that was a strange way to do it and the dealer's response was that in the 2 months it would take for our JX to come in, our trade value might change, the JX pricing might change, and if we walked away from the deal later he knew he'd have plenty of buyers lined up for the JX. I'm guessing we would have been out an additional $2k or so if we ordered.

Did others sign contracts prior to ordering or have similar arrangements to us?
No, I didn't sign anything, didn't even put any deposit. I guess the dealer knows he can sell it in no time anyway.

Peter

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put down $2K and signed a piece of paper with the order details, but in no way was it binding -- car arrived 7 weeks after order.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just totaled things up and my MSRP changed by $1035! Car is due next week. Let's hope they don't try any funny stuff and change prices on me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Another surprise was the ordering software forced splash guards and illuminated sill plates. I would guess those weren't selling and they needed to move some. I was going to get splash guards later and install them myself, but I was going to get black ones to go on our white car. Whatever. The illuminated sill plates are foof that I wasn't interested in.

All in all, good for Infiniti for coming up with a popular new vehicle. It's their company, they can do what they want with their products. The marketplace will tell them if they're making the right decisions. So far, so good, apparently.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't have a signed contract or deposit when my order was placed, but I did have a negotiated price in writing (and voicemail that I saved), which ended up being honored 6 weeks later when I picked up my car (before the price increase). I had initially considered re-negotiating a lower price when I picked up my car, but was tracking this forum and knew that my discount was consistent with what other people were getting.

My MSRP changed by $725 with the price increase, although I didn't factor in any extra options that are now required. It's interesting looking at the price increase line by line. Some packages didn't change in price at all. The most significant change was the Deluxe Touring Package. All of the individual options went up by $5-10 (why bother?), and the roof rails went up by $120 which is a complete rip-off considering how useless the plastic, cheap roof rails are without the crossbars. The roof rails should have been a standard, no cost option - my biggest complaint for an otherwise near-perfect car.

For those of you who are still waiting for your car, I would suggest continuing to track pricing on this forum to see what other people are getting. Despite the price increase, you will still get a discount and I think you will have more room to negotiate since you know of the price increase.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Oh BTW...this is good news for resale for us early adopters!
Unfortunately the JX will still lose 50% of it's value after 3 or 4 years. This hurts folks that turn their cars and people that lease. I hope to keep mine for 10-15 years, about two model changes then be in the market for a new model. This all assumes the quality holds up.

In the end, the MSRP increase will be a wash for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts