Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Automotive tire White Hood Grille
After I got my Car Wash today, they pointed out that the passenger side roof rail on the JX was not sitting flush on the roof. After further inspection we discovered that there is a piece missing. On the rear portion of the rail, there is a piece that appears to secure the rail in place. It is present on the drivers side, but not on the passenger side. You can see in my pic, I have some black tape on the passenger side, to keep the roof rack from popping up. I am hoping this could be replaced by warranty???? Or does anyone know If I can find this specific part anywhere????

Thanks for any input/advice. I bought the JX in August last year, there is only about 6K on the odometer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it turns out there was a tsb issued due to these roof rails coming lose, which caused this part to fall out. The dealer had the car all week to fix this issue, another tsb due to a "clunking noise" from the front suspension when going over bumps at low speeds, and the passenger airbag "off" light was always on.
Anyways in regards to the roof rail, they replaced the entire rail. Which first came unpainted. The roof rail was replaced, However the small piece in the back (shown in the pic on my initial post)
Was left unpainted. So it is black, and doesnt match the other side. It is barely noticeable, but should I say anything?? Or just leave as is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts