Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member on the Infiniti QX60 forum wanted to see photos of the OEM cargo mats and I could not post pictures of them, so I'm directing the member to this site instead.

I had the wheat colored cargo mat when I purchased the JX and switched it out for black while waiting for the WeatherTech Cargo mat. The OEM mats are nice, but I wanted a mat that can take a beating and still look good.

Here are pictures of a wheat OEM mat in Wheat (sold it on EBay) and my WeatherTech Cargo mat.

Automotive tire Rectangle Automotive exterior Floor Flooring
Wood Automotive exterior Composite material Hardwood Auto part

·
Registered
10 Posts
What happen when the 3rd row seat are up? Does the cargo liner adjust to the seats when in upright position? Looking to purchase one. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
They 'self velcro' to the back of the 3rd row seats. So they go up and down automatically with the seats.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pictures :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I should mention, they come in two variations. They have ones that are for people who have the motorized 3rd row seats and another version for those who do not (like me, who have the hybrid version. The hybrid has manual lift ones hence the strap in the photo since the battery is under the seat instead of a motor), so please be sure wherever you get them they ask which ones you want.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lol, I know, right? A mod on this site mentioned on the other site (I think that's how it went!) that he asked if the two sites could be combined now since the JX was simply renamed and I think the answer was something like it is being considered or looked into.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WeatherTech also makes a shorter back cargo mat for use when the third row seats are in the up position. There is a picture of it on the forum. I've only used it once since I usually keep the third row down and have it covered by the WeatherTech full size cargo mat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is one in wheat. Shout out to Infiniti of Denver - they just had one sent to me when I called to ask about availability!
This will work for me. If I was carting muddy boots every day, Weathertech would be the choice. Snowy skis and ski boots will be well served by this cover.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Trunk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is one in wheat. Shout out to Infiniti of Denver - they just had one sent to me when I called to ask about availability!
This will work for me. If I was carting muddy boots every day, Weathertech would be the choice. Snowy skis and ski boots will be well served by this cover.
View attachment 2241
Thanks .. is the water/snow proof ? is it a dirt magnet ? or easy to clean ? thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks .. is the water/snow proof ? is it a dirt magnet ? or easy to clean ? thanks
The top where you put stuff is thin carpeted material so stuff will 'cling' to it but it can be vacuumed off. I've bought soil and bags of white marble chips from Home Depot and just vacuumed it once getting home and unloading and they are fine. The light colored ones will of course stain easier but I'm sure they can be cleaned with soap/water or a carpet cleaner in a can type thing you'd use in your home.

The bottom is rubberized so it will keep water from say something that may have had snow on it from going through.

If you want something that you can clean easily because you know you'll often be throwing muddy stuff in there, go with the weathertechs and forget these, imo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The top where you put stuff is thin carpeted material so stuff will 'cling' to it but it can be vacuumed off. I've bought soil and bags of white marble chips from Home Depot and just vacuumed it once getting home and unloading and they are fine. The light colored ones will of course stain easier but I'm sure they can be cleaned with soap/water or a carpet cleaner in a can type thing you'd use in your home.

The bottom is rubberized so it will keep water from say something that may have had snow on it from going through.

If you want something that you can clean easily because you know you'll often be throwing muddy stuff in there, go with the weathertechs and forget these, imo.
Thanks .. yeah . i want to go with Weathertech but the problem is they don't divide like the above when one of the third row is up. we have a stroller and it only fits that way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just noticed in your sig you have the graphite interior as I do. Seeing as how you'd (most likely) be getting the black ones like I have I think you'll be happy with them for most things that can be thrown at them. In the end, it still is a trunk so clean em' as best one can when they get really bad but enjoy the rest of the vehicle most, lol.

Like you, having them fold up/down with the seats was of more importance to me than ease of cleaning them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've had the cargo-mats for about 1.5 years. They seem to fit well, 60/40 split wll when needed, and look good.

Unfortunately dog hair and general dirt is a pain to get out. I wish the upward-facing material was more of rubber surface rather than nearly the same carpet you're protecting.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats the main reason we covered our Infiniti mat with the WeatherTech cargo mat. I do like the Infiniti mat and like the way it splits, but Fido's hair doesn't come out very easy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts