Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:Can someone please advise!

For the Side Vents by the 3rd Row, it appears that they are NOT blowing during HEAT mode, only from the FLOOR vents. Does this sound right??? It seems like there's no way to switching between FLOOR vs UPward.:eek:

Did someone try with A/C mode? I guess the side vents ONLY for A/C - cool air? IF NOT, I guess my car is defective and needs service.

Please advise! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You know.... I noticed mine does the same thing. So i think that is the way it is. But that should not be right. So the answer is...i dont know if that is normal or not
Airlaird

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't noticed because I'm never back there lol. But I'm guessing its automatically controlled depending on the temperature setting. If you set the front to auto it will only blow hot air from the footwells and will switch to the top vents if you lower the set temperature (cool vs heat). Obviously with the front you can manually choose how the air is circulated but there is no option for the rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I think you guys should check them out also, as it doesn't make sense to me. I had a 08 MDX, and it had the Air Flow control for the rear, however, the 3rd did not have side vents, only floor ones.

After you checked them out, please advise. Thanks.

***Called Infiniti Consumer Affair, no help at all.***

·
Registered
52 Posts
Never noticed.

But by chance, have you changes the A/C mode to blow from the upper vents only?

If it's set to upper vents only, and it still blows from the floor, it seems like an issue. Also remember that the rear A/C has it's on set of controls and they can be accessed from the front by pressing the rear button, then making all you normal modifications.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rear control affects the center console vents and the floor vents, and the front A/C controls run the front vents and the upper rear vents.

I'll have to do some investigating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter Rabbit, I spoke with my Sales Consultant and he was kindly tried with another JX in their showroom, and was told those vents are only for A/C, not heat. I will try again when the weather gets warm with the A/C running. That makes more sense, IF those vents are only for ventilation flow, I think that will defeat the purpose of those vents and passengers sit in the 3rd will have much comfort, especially in the summer time.

Hopefully other owners can share more from their usage. Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Heat goes to the bottom vet and AC comes from the side vent. You can't change that, because cold air goes down and heat goes up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks to todays unusually warmer temps I was able to verify my previous suspicion. The Rear climate control absolutely acts just as the front climate control does when the front is set in auto mode. Warm air is discharged through the lower vent and cold A/C air is discharged from the upper vents. Since you can't manually control the direction of airflow in the rear, it automatically chooses which vents the air comes out of.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks to todays unusually warmer temps I was able to verify my previous suspicion. The Rear climate control absolutely acts just as the front climate control does when the front is set in auto mode. Warm air is discharged through the lower vent and cold A/C air is discharged from the upper vents. Since you can't manually control the direction of airflow in the rear, it automatically chooses which vents the air comes out of.
Do were you able to get any air (hot or cold) to come out of the side vents? Your post above didn't say either way. I am interested to know how to make air come out of them (either hot or cold). My wife and her friend were sitting in the back and were complaining of no air back there. It seemed no matter how I played around with the lousy HVAC controls, even with the fan at max, I couldn't get air to come out of the 3rd row side vents. But you can definitely feel the air coming out of the floor vents.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Only cold air comes out the side vents....however you really have no control over it. Tried it when it was 30deg out but interior warmed up...set the thermostat to coldest setting and wouldn't blow out cold air. Not until the weather outside was warmer did the cold air come out the side vents.

Do were you able to get any air (hot or cold) to come out of the side vents? Your post above didn't say either way. I am interested to know how to make air come out of them (either hot or cold). My wife and her friend were sitting in the back and were complaining of no air back there. It seemed no matter how I played around with the lousy HVAC controls, even with the fan at max, I couldn't get air to come out of the 3rd row side vents. But you can definitely feel the air coming out of the floor vents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts