Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took delivery of a 2014 QX60 black on black 2wd last night, they where aggressively marking down the price for the 2013 JX35. I test drove both and I could feel a difference in acceleration. color combinations and features where not available for what i wanted on the 2013 so I got the 2014 QX.

I was a little concerned about the power on such a big suv but it has great pickup!

If you guys need to know anything about the new 2014 let me know and I can take some pics for comparison.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
So I took delivery of a 2014 QX60 black on black 2wd last night, they where aggressively marking down the price for the 2013 JX35. I test drove both and I could feel a difference in acceleration. color combinations and features where not available for what i wanted on the 2013 so I got the 2014 QX.

I was a little concerned about the power on such a big suv but it has great pickup!

If you guys need to know anything about the new 2014 let me know and I can take some pics for comparison.
Please share your findings and experiences since there are many who ready this forum that might be on the fence about purchasing either vehicle. I'm curious to see how the performance is with the newer transmission. Also, is the QX60 designed to run on premium fuel like the JX, or can you use lower grades?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So my trade in was a Mercedes Benz that required high grade fuel and the salesman said these don't require the premium. I checked the owners manual and they recommend premium but you can use a lower octane (87+) but you would noticed performance decrees. Owners Manual section 9-3 Fuel Recommendations.

So I think your safe using mid grade.

When I drove the JX35 it felt sluggish at acceleration and the breaks felt soft like not as responsive. I could also be used to the bigger breaks on the Benz.

Also,I purchased the maintenance package for oil service. I was tired on Mercedes Benz 299.99 oil changes! so this maintenance services covers me for 3 yrs of oil changes and tire rotations. I'm sure Infinity doesn't charge as high as Benz does but I figure it would be a good add on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If it's the same transmission as the Pathfinder then be prepare to deal with the shudder/judder issue that most of the owners experienced over at the PF forum. Nissan still doesn't have a fix for it even after a year already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crossing my fingers!! but I will be prepared. Thanks for the heads up!!

Wondering since it has a Hard drive for the navi is there anyway to load AVI files to stream movies?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The price difference doesn't look like much changed, the sticker on the window looks the same maybe some change in the way they are doing the packages may have changes a little and the MPG.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What I've noticed the 2nd row seats are so tall my 7yr old is having a hard time seeing the monitors on the headrest so I had to take out the headrest from the 2nd row so she could see them while in the 3rd row. Any idea if there is an option to add another monitor on the headrest of the 2nd row and not going aftermarket that way the screens are all playing the same thing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can buy a protable DVD player with rotating screen and mounted on the back of 2nd row headrest. run the AV cable to the center console input. If you playing from the portable DVD, all screen will play the same movie!

·
Registered
81 Posts
What I've noticed the 2nd row seats are so tall my 7yr old is having a hard time seeing the monitors on the headrest so I had to take out the headrest from the 2nd row so she could see them while in the 3rd row. Any idea if there is an option to add another monitor on the headrest of the 2nd row and not going aftermarket that way the screens are all playing the same thing?
Dont know about the same data but i mounted Playbook on the second row seating

http://images.mobilefun.co.uk/graphics/300pixelp/igrip-blackberry-playbook-headrest-mount-p27857-300.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts