Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I just picked up our JX35 and we absolutely love it so far. The technology on it is crazy! We got it with:

the premium package - the 13 speakers bose airwave sound system gives great sound. I'm not 100&% sure if its a subwoofer in the back but it sounds great.

theater package - the kids absolutely love watching movies in the back with the wireless headsets while we listen to our music.

driver assistance package - the distance control assist actually works. i've tested it out by pulling up to a stop without pushing on the brakes with a car in front of me and the jx slowed down and almost came to a complete stop without me pushing on the brakes.

If you're in the Southern California area go to Cerritos Infiniti, see Sam and tell him Jon and Ireene sent you! He'll get you a great deal on one.

Here's a picture I got with our JX35 sitting next to our 2008 G35 sedan (will post more interior and exterior shots when the weather gets better):

·
Registered
196 Posts
Awesome! Were you able to get much off MSRP?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Were you able to get much off MSRP?
We got it just around MSRP. Total after fees/taxes was roughly about 54k. I'm not one to complain about it though. It is in demand and dealers aren't really negotiating because they know they can sell it at MSRP with a mark-up if they wanted to. I personally think if you get one at MSRP without the mark-up you'll be good, but that's if you want to get one now. In a couple of months when the supply gets over demand they'll start dealing with customers.

But the fact that I am one of the first one to have a JX35 on the road, MSRP is not too bad.

Did you get yours? If so, how much did you get yours?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hopefully, they'll start to negotiate when the gas prices start creeping up, and people start looking at smaller cars. What mileage are you getting on yours? I saw 14mpg averaged on the dealer car. Could have been because it was being test driven around, maybe.

I would love to buy one right now, but not at MSRP. Thats 6k above invoice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well according to the display, it's showing 12-14 mpg. But it's been improving as we are now driving it in normal conditions and not on test drives. Driving on ECO mode I definitely have to get used to because im so used to the g35 and just going.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So it doesn't show you an instantaneous mileage? I couldn't find a way to reset the average mileage counter on the test drive car. The dealer guy didn't know how to do it too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it doesn't show you an instantaneous mileage? I couldn't find a way to reset the average mileage counter on the test drive car. The dealer guy didn't know how to do it too.
Right now I think its just an avg. mileage and an estimate of miles to the tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations! Post some more pictures and your personal review, please!
I'll get some pics and maybe some video of the instrument panels soon now that the sun is shining in so cal.

Review? Where should I start...

Engine Performance: I have to admit i do feel a lack of power when getting on the pedal but once you're up to speed and want to pass a car, its good. I've only driven in standard and eco mode. Standard feels... well, standard. Normal shifting patterns. Driving in eco definitely feels different than standard. It feel as if theres some resistance on the gas pedal. Almost like theres a 2 stage gas pedal where it forces you to stop less than halfway and wait for it to catch speed allowing for a smooth consistent acceleration. But you can go pass that 2nd stage and the car will accelerate faster which defeats the purpose of ECO?

LUXURY: Leather seats are nice, soft and confortable. The heated seats get HOT in my opinion and I've only put it up to maybe 4 or 5 clicks out of 8 clicks. Love how they put the second row on rails so it can slide for easy access to the 3rd row and/or allow the 2nd row to have more leg room. 3rd row seating, based on a person about 5'4" it was kind of tight and mentioned that it wouldn't be comfortable long road trips but good for trips around the city.

DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE: Havent experienced the back-up collision intervention (BCI) but i wouldn't doubt that technology because i did experience the intelligent brake assist; Driving on the freeway a car blindly cuts me off and suddenly the jx magically hits the brakes and helped me avoid getting close to the car. Blind spot warning lights are placed inside the car by the side view mirrors which can be seen at the corner of your eyes when looking straight on the road.

THEATER PACKAGE: My kids absolutely love it! They sit there and just watch with the wireless headsets that come available while we listen to the radio.

Thats all i could think of at the moment or maybe i should say all the features i've enjoyed in the jx35. If you have any other questions i'd be glad to answer and/or test on my jx35.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, nice short review you have there. I finally had a chance to test drive one today I totally agree with you about the lack of power, but then I have been driving a BWM 330 for the past 8 years. Though I have to disagree with you about the limited space of the 3rd row. I'm 5'7 and with the 2nd row seats all the way back the 3rd row legroom is still very decent and should not be a problem for short trips. And the best part is after adjusting the driver seat to a comfortable position, then adjust the 2nd row, then the 3rd row has A LOT of legroom for any long trip. It is much better than the MDX. The dealer put a $6k marked up ontop of the msrp, so I simply walked away and told them to email me when once they can go below msrp. I can wait another 2-3 months.

·
Registered
289 Posts
[email protected]
Thanks for the little review. Excellent. The only thing I'm concerned is the power. But we are not buying aa racing car, anyway. My local dealer does not have what I want and I'm playing an order. All the in stack JX are fully loaded or nearly so. I just want the premium and driver assistant.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can you check your mileage for a short trip and tell us back, jmiranda?
I saw another post on another forum with mileage less than 15 reported.

And thanks for the review, jmiranda. I also felt the lack of power during freeway merges, etc. I does feel ok during a freeway overtake. The CVT does feel differently than a traditional gear box. I didn't mind it myself. After all this is an SUV.

·
Registered
275 Posts
[email protected]
Thanks for the little review. Excellent. The only thing I'm concerned is the power. But we are not buying aa racing car, anyway. My local dealer does not have what I want and I'm playing an order. All the in stack JX are fully loaded or nearly so. I just want the premium and driver assistant.
What is the price (with respect to the MSRP or the Invoice price on Truecar) you are negotiating at wheeling?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Real surprised about the MSRP mark up. My dealer started at about $1,000 below MSRP. I guess having 3 or 4 dealers within 20 miles on long island makes a difference? I just can't understand it. Why not shop remotely and have it shipped?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The lack of power was something I brought up to a dealer that was also on this forum. I asked if there would ever be a JX45 that was more powerful. He said that those who wanted power would likely go for the FX45 but the FX is a FX and not a JX. Different features. I think Infiniti should consider a JX45. The JX is a heavy car and the motor in there definitely won't get it moving very quickly. Glad you like it. Hopefully my dealer will give me a call soon when I can test drive one.

I don't expect the JX to be very fast. It is a family car after all but I would like it to have some punch to it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was the first customer to drive one at my local dealer in Northern California on Monday. They had just received a black/graphite FWD late Sunday, and I drove it for about 15 minutes on Monday right before the factory rep from Tennessee showed up with a Midnight Garnet/Graphite JX and put that in the showroom. He was there to do a training session with all the salesmen to show all the features they are to point out to customers. Unfortunately, I was running late for another activity and could only listen to 5 minutes of it...mostly just stating stuff that I already knew from the Infiniti website.

It drove pretty smoothly and was more comfortable than our 2005 Acura MDX that we would be trading in. I only drove in standard and that had better acceleration that I had in our MDX. The CVT seemed to stay up in RPMs to maintain the right spot in the power band as I accelerated, and the salesman kept telling me not to push it too hard. Some body sway in turns, 20 inch wheels in the deluxe touring should help. Braking was very good. The all around camera view was pretty cool. Didn't get a chance to try the theater system at all, still had plastic on the screens. The 3rd row is very nice when the front and 2nd rows are moved up a bit, but still comfortable in all rows. The Bose sound system in the premium package was very nice, with decent bass. Should be even better in the deluxe touring. The only negative was a malfunctioning 3rd row seat that would not release to tilt back or fold flat. Not a good sign, but Infiniti has been great fixing any small issues I've had under warranty in my last 2 cars.

I had placed an order at the end of Feb for a AWD Platinum/Java with every single available package, so MSRP 55,200 or so. My deposit form says I would purchase at MSRP, but right now it shows a ETA of mid May, so I hope there are more sitting on the lot by then so I can bargain. The platinum/java is an unusual combo, so I bet I could even walk away with my deposit back and come back a month or so later and buy it when it's still sitting there. I'm not in a rush to get it, so I have that luxury if needed to get a decent price.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Glad to know you had a good experience with it. WHERE IS MY TEST DRIVE :mad:@@

I've driven the MDX. It's not a very quick car that is for sure. The 3rd row seat wouldn't fold? SO it was just stuck?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today, I got the Infiniti Connection working. Not 100% sure of what type of benefits comes with it but as I find out I'll post it. One thing I do want to try is the google calendar feature.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts