Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually do my own tire rotations, snow tire addition/removal and the odd oil change. As such I usually jack my vehicles one side at a time then using jack stands. I noticed in the JX manual it says not to jack up the car more than necessary. Does anyone know why this warning is in the manual, what could go wrong? I've never owned an AWD vehicle could it have something to do with that?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I usually do my own tire rotations, snow tire addition/removal and the odd oil change. As such I usually jack my vehicles one side at a time then using jack stands. I noticed in the JX manual it says not to jack up the car more than necessary. Does anyone know why this warning is in the manual, what could go wrong? I've never owned an AWD vehicle could it have something to do with that?
This is a first. Never heard this one before. You might want to check with your service department to see what they have to say. Please post what you find out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First time I have heard of something like this too, checkout "6-7 In Case of Emergency" in the manual. In the grey box you will find the following:

"Never jack up the vehicle more than necessary."

I will be talking to service later this week, I'll bring it up then.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
So don't jack it up more than necessary. Just jack it enough to change the wheels. I'm not seeing the problem here???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! Interesting take, "more than necessary" I took to mean the frequency I jack up the car, you think it could be referring to height?

Ambiguous wording: 1, enthusiasts: 0

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can jack it (no pun intended) as many times as you like and won't damage a thing except wearing the jack out :)
In all seriousness i think it's the height they are talking about. The more 'vertical' position the scissor jack is the less stable it is when the car is rocked taking off/putting on the wheel. Not a problem if you use a trolley hydraulic jack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts