Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to have all the dynamic driver assistance functions (LDP, DCP and BSI) automatically turn on when starting the vehicle instead of having to remember to push the switch on the steering wheel?

thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think you guys are talking different technology items. The OP wants to auto-enable the safety features that auto-break the car. The car will auto enable the warnings, but not auto-break.

I'm not aware of of an option to automatically enable the auto-breaking features.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The interventions are different than the warnings. The ONLY intervention that can be automatically set to turn on without having to push a button upon start up is the backup collision intervention. The indications that are briefly displayed upon startup are the "warnings"

·
Registered
37 Posts
These are the indications that show up when you start the car if you have them turned on. FSW, LDW, and BSW are all the "warning" systems. So you will only get the beeps and indications....the car will not automatically brake (initiate an "intervention.") Once you hit the button on the steering wheel the DCA, LDP, and BCI systems are turned on. Those are the "intervention" systems. Meaning you will get a warning as well as an intervention (brakes are automatically applied.)
The DCA, LDP, and BSI indicators light when you hit the button on the steering wheel. I'm not sure if you have to be in a certain menu on the center dash or if it shows up on all screen selections.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is not exactly true. The BCI has its own control on the dash and can be on by default.
Sorry i just re-read my post...i wrote BCI instead of BSI...corrected it above.
BCI = back up collision intervention, not to be confused with BSI = blind spot intervention

But I did mention in my previous post above it (post #13) that BCI is the only intervention available to be on by default without having to push a button.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just to clarify. I would like to know how to automatically activate the 3 intervention features in picture 1 during car start up. Currently, everytime I start the car, I have to remember to press the button on the steering wheel indicated in picture 2 in order to activate the 3 intervention features. 1.jpg 2.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
I busted out my manual and we are all right to some extent. Let me say they make this utterly confusing with too many abbreviations and the DCA encompassing many operations, when they could have just kept each separate. Let me know if I messed something up here, cause it's pretty easy to do. It can be said that they leave the most commonly needed interventions ON, while the other ones are off and have to be turned on. Warnings are all on always.
The button on the wheel (Dynamic Driver Assistance Switch) turns on the DCA (Distance Control Assist): Lane Departure Prevention, Blind Spot Intervention. BCI is listed in this, BUT it's supposed to be automatically on when you reverse. Confused!!
It's recommended not to use these unless you need them (how do you even know if you need them??)
The Intelligent Brake Assist (forward and backward collisions) stays ON OR OFF depending on what you set it at (this explains why it stopped for me)
BCI (Backup Collision Intervention) are automatically on

·
Registered
69 Posts
just to clarify. I would like to know how to automatically activate the 3 intervention features in picture 1 during car start up. Currently, everytime I start the car, I have to remember to press the button on the steering wheel indicated in picture 2 in order to activate the 3 intervention features. View attachment 154 View attachment 155
way above you wrote FSW- I don't see FSW, I see FCW

1 - 20 of 22 Posts