Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be picking up our new JX in about 3-4 weeks (I hope) and was curious if someone has compiled a checklist of items to verify prior to taking ownership. People in this forum have mentioned items like: verifying it's an AWD, dash rattles, missing pieces like splash guards, etc. You all have been posting great things to verify so the dealer doesn't screw you or avoiding bringing the car back for repairs. Just curious....thanks.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Make sure you're Infiniti Connection is set up and you're enrolled. This is a multi-step online process. You'll know it is set if you press the SOS button and you can connect to Infiniti Connection.

Your dealer is going to get you to sign a multi-page checklist (most likely in a gray folder) - if you want to be extra diligent, you could go through every check box on the form. It covers pretty much everything.

Checking that it is AWD must be a joke. Look at the window sticker. If it says AWD, that's what it is. No dealer would be stupid enough to sell you an AWD and then deliver a FWD version - that would be clear fraud. I suppose the factory could screw it up, but I think that's pretty unlikely.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is the list I copied from this site:

Get serial cards if you have locking hubs
Check body part alignment, especially the back door
Check fluids, make sure oil/trans is at right levels
Check for dash scratches
Ensure transportation plastic has been removed from throughout interior and exterior
Verify rear axle (for AWD models)
Verify all packages are installed - have dealer walk you through each feature
Drive around the block to ensure nothing breaks
During drive verify dash doesn't rattle
During drive listen for "whoosh" noises from rear (from another post)
Ensure manuals are available (you should get a user manual, nav manual, and maintenance manual)
Check mileage to verify car wasn't a dealer loaner or manager joy ride
Check for exterior scratches
Check headlights/brake lights
If you get extended warranty or maintenance, get documentation of the specific coverages
Verify 2 wireless headphones (for theater packages)
Verify two keys
Check the Infiniti connection by pushing the SOS button. Dealer has to turn on telematics
Check for cut marks on the center of the steering wheel... probably caused when someone cut open the wraps
Check for slightly opened back cover of driver side mirror

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for the postings. I know this will be helpful for others and myself. Now I just need the car to come in!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Check the Infiniti connection by pushing the SOS button. Dealer has to turn on telematics
Pretty good list there. You're right about the telematics. But also, you and/or the dealer need to set up the whole back end online before Infiniti Connection will work properly. If you haven't done it, the car will dial the center, but then disconnect. You can set up your Infiniti Connection through the owner portal link on infinitiusa.com, through infiniticonnection.com, or the dealer can help you set it up and they can get to it either of those ways, or through their Nissan North America (nna) dealer portal (they'll know what this is). You need to do all the steps of creating an ID, and then all the steps of adding your car (need VIN). You'll need to fill out all the driver info, emergency contact info, alert choices, PIN for remote lock/unlock, security questions, etc. But once you've done all that, things should go smoothly.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Pretty good list there. You're right about the telematics. But also, you and/or the dealer need to set up the whole back end online before Infiniti Connection will work properly. If you haven't done it, the car will dial the center, but then disconnect. You can set up your Infiniti Connection through the owner portal link on infinitiusa.com, through infiniticonnection.com, or the dealer can help you set it up and they can get to it either of those ways, or through their Nissan North America (nna) dealer portal (they'll know what this is). You need to do all the steps of creating an ID, and then all the steps of adding your car (need VIN). You'll need to fill out all the driver info, emergency contact info, alert choices, PIN for remote lock/unlock, security questions, etc. But once you've done all that, things should go smoothly.
Thanks for the details. First night I (like everyone else) pushed the SOS button. It didn't connect.

I'm not used to using this type of service so I never think of using it. Within 30 seconds my iPhone has the answer, however driving 70 mph and searching google probably isn't safe. Probably!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Both I and the Dealer set it up together. Basically, he pulled up the site, had me take his place at the computer and I did the rest. He just walked me through it. I love using the feature of inputting a place from my home computer and sending to my navigation system in the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All, thank you for this list as it came in handy during our fully loaded JX pickup yesterday (9/26/12). FYI, I had them run the VIN# and no recalls were reported for this vehicle. Maybe they are correcting all those fuel issues at the assembly plant now.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Enjoy your new JX. It is a really nice driving car. If you haven't experienced the Infiniti or Nissan Navigation system, take the time to run through the voice recognition set up. Its done right there through the Nav consol and takes about 20 minutes. Also, I'm sure you have Sirius XM radio, make sure when you set it up that you get your full three months free radio, traffic and weather. They are a real pain in the neck to get it right. I've had three Nissan products where they shut me off two months early.

Also, make sure you take advantage of the Infiniti Connection. It is a great service and helpful when you are driving and need to input a new Nav setting. The operators are friendly and efficient. You will enjoy how they can download your map destination. I've just used the web app to plan a trip and added the way points. It was easy to input from my lap top and then went to the car Nav screen to import the trip. Pretty nice!

Again, enjoy your new ride and I do recommend you monitor this site. There are so many good folks here with lots of thoughts, ideas, and experiences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts