Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PDI = pre delivery inspection where they go around the car and show you how things work

Searching online, I am seeing that this should be given for free. However, a recent price quote for a JX told me to add an additional $375 for PDI. Not sure if this was a way for that dealership to pull in extra money or if everyone who has purchased a JX is also paying an additional PDI fee (or maybe that fee is negotiated into the final selling price).

·
Registered
118 Posts
NO WAY What so ever!! My salesman did two "deliveries" with me. One at the dealership when we picked the car up, this was just so we could start the car and drive etc. then two days latter he came to my house for two hours for the full run through!

ALL FOR FREE!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This fleet manager tagged it onto the price he is quoting me for a new JX and after researching and talking to coworkers who have purchased new cars- everyone says that PDI has to be done at the dealership when they take delivery of a new car before/when it is sold.

I'm not getting a good feeling about the fleet manager I am emailing back and forth with...

Thanks for your replies!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We did not pay for the PDI. As a matter of fact, the dealership spent 3 hours going over the car at no charge. Heck, they can give you the getting started booklet and you could do the inspection yourself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dealership went over everything, made sure the Infiniti Connection was set up and we tested all the systems. The dealership is thourough.
It was about 3 hrs at our dealership too. My sales guy went over everything and demonstrated the use of all systems and tech features. About a week later when I took it in to have the splash guards installed, he met me at the service center to review any questions I still had... that was probably another hour. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
That is a rip off. They are required to do it from Infiniti corporate.
They'll make you sign off a document saying that they have gone through every feature / aspect of the vehicle with you. And they are required to do it.

It doesn't matter what you pay for. Just focus on the final price. They can break it down whichever way they want.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Always check the numbers...u really should only pay the cost (as negotiated) of the vehicle, plus tax and licensing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This to me is much like a doc fee. It's total BS, but it's a way for the dealership to extract a bit more profit from each sale and to rip off folks that won't say no to it. Most dealerships will tell you that they won't waive it. I tell them that that's OK with me, but as we're negotiating, we are negotiating the amount of the check I will write at the end of the day. Any doc fee will have to be added to get to that price, not on top of that price. As far as I'm concerned, they can charge me a $500 tire inflation fee, as long as the final check I write doesn't change. In Oklahoma, it's actually better if they add a bunch of fees because you don't pay excise tax on those amounts.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
PDI is not done by salespeople. A PDI is done by a technician. On a JX, it involves a bunch of checks, but notably it means making sure all the fuses are turned on (some are popped out for shipping to save battery), all fluids correct, TCU (telecom unit that allows Infiniti Connection to work) is turned on, etc. As pointed out above, your salesperson is probably going to have you sign off on some delivery items. The first page of that (it will be in a gray folder/binder - hey, no Romney jokes!) is the PDI form and probably has the tech's name at the top.

I hadn't heard of dealers charging a line item for PDI. And certainly not for salesperson delivery. The delivery that we as salespeople do, is what we really deliver and one of the things we do that hopefully helps earn us all "10's" on the survey Infiniti sends you a week after you get your car. If we did our job well, we made enough money on the deal that doing a top-notch delivery is paid for out of our commission. We don't charge you for it.

Delivery of a G sedan can be done in as little as 15-20 minutes. Delivering a JX typically takes 35-55 minutes, depending on what options the customer purchased. An hour or two, with a follow up a few days or a week later is not unheard of. And yes, I've done JX deliveries in a customer's driveway and even climbed the ladder to press the button on their garage door remote.

Time for some shameless self-promotion here. Snopyro, I'd suggest bringing me the best fleet manager quotes you have. Our normal policy is to match or better any legitimate deal you can find on an Infiniti. Plus, I won't charge you for PDI, nor for giving you a top-notch delivery at time of purchase. PM or email me for details if interested.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If any dealer tried to pull that scam, I'd first report them to Infiniti and then run away from that dealer in a heartbeat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts