Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I answered an incoming call from the car console, I can't hear the caller. If I answer the call from my iPhone 5, then I can hear the caller fine. Anyone having this issue with JX35 and iPhone 5?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Every time I answered an incoming call from the car console, I can't hear the caller. If I answer the call from my iPhone 5, then I can hear the caller fine. Anyone having this issue with JX35 and iPhone 5?
Did you have another phone previous to the iPhone 5 hooked set up before you set up the iPhone 5? We have two Android phones and an iPhone 4 set up and they all work perfect. This may seem like a stupid question, but have you adjusted the volume at the radio knob?

If you still have a problem with the phone and haven't gone to Infiniti's Bluetooth page, here is the direct link: http://www.infinitiusa.com/bluetooth/?tool=Total_Ownership_Experience.Bluetooth

Let us know your results.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have noticed this same issue too. I previously had an iphone4s paired. Deleted all paired phones and have repaired my ip5 several times. What I have noticed is that if I switch my ip5 to the phones speaker (while on the call) and then choose the cars bluetooth, the sound will start playing. After doing that for the first phone call....sound will starting working for the remainder of any calls. But once you disconnect and reconnect you have to go through the process again. Tried pairing as an audio device instead....haven't tested if that did anything though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I don't have an older to phone to try. The volume is up. However, if I placed the call from the vehicle, no problem. I will try your link as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am glad I am not the only one is having this problem. I've contacted Infinity and see what they can come up with.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, same issue. My boss kept calling, but when I answered via the JX, I couldn't hear anything. This happened three times...I assumed it was the network since I switched carriers, but now it makes sense given Verizon is pretty good around here

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have you had an issue with outgoing calls to? I could have sworn it happened to me before with outgoing calls as well. After pairing the device as an audio device I have not had an issue with outgoing calls. I haven't received an incoming call yet, but i'll post back when I do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No issue with outgoing calls! Just incoming. I've contacted Infiniti consumer affairs and this is their answer:

Thank you for contacting Infiniti and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

You may experience the following:
1) Answer incoming call. Call connects. Caller can hear me but you cannot hear the caller.
2) Answer incoming call. Call connects. You cannot hear the caller and the caller cannot hear you.

If you switch the call back to the handset and then back to Bluetooth Hands Free, the issue goes away.

However, please be advised that the i-Phone 5 is currently in testing. Full compatibility will not be known until testing is completed. Not all Bluetooth phones will pass Infiniti testing standards. Phones that pass our rigorous requirements will be added to the recommended list periodically.

If you are wondering why your phone is not compatible right now, existing Bluetooth phones that are not listed as compatible have not passed Infiniti testing. Major calling functions like making, accepting and ending phone calls did not function properly and/or the Bluetooth connection was not stable.

Also, a cell phone with a Bluetooth adapter will not work only cell phones with Bluetooth built in and listed as a Infiniti recommended phone will operate correctly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wouldn't expect much on the "approved" list. Neither the iPhone 4s or Galaxy S2 (much less S3) are on the list yet.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I heard today that we should see some sort of fix for this problem near the end of next week. I'll post details when I learn more. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure if it was ios update 6.0.1 or restoring my iphone5 but I have no more issues with hearing the caller when receiving calls.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My situation is different ,I have same situation on iPhone5 after update ,it was ok before update ,nothing like that with my BB or iPhone4

·
Registered
275 Posts
My situation is different ,I have same situation on iPhone5 after update ,it was ok before update ,nothing like that with my BB or iPhone4
I've started having this problem in the past few weeks. After a dealer visit. I had been using the iPhone 5 before that and never had problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this problem with 2012 FX-35. I had an iPhone 4 which worked fine with it. When I updated to 5 the problem started. Problem has persisted though iOS 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 updates.

This problem ranges across multiple 2.x blue tooth devices. Cars, music devices, headphones,etc. I wish these device makers would do a little arm twisting with Apple and get them to fix the issue with their new wi-if/bluetooth chip.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts