Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just got my JX a few days ago. I have figured out most of the electronics but can not get my contacts from my iphone to upload to the address book. The phone paired very easily. When I go thru the menus it does not let the contacts synch. Any help would be appreciated.

THanks

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Contacts sync each time you connect the phone - at least for phone numbers. If you want to input contact permanently into the car, you have to move them over individually.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a process to move them over individually or do you have to manually input them? I would be nice for caller ID purposes to have the name pop up on the screddn when calls come in.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is there a process to move them over individually or do you have to manually input them? I would be nice for caller ID purposes to have the name pop up on the screddn when calls come in.

Thanks
I have an iPhone 4S and have the Auto Download toggled to ON so all my contacts are downloaded automatically to the Handset Phonebook whenever I start the JX. When I get incoming calls, if the contact is in my iPhone, it shows up on the JX's screen (caller id). If you want to move them to your Vehicle Phonebook, you can choose the "Copy from the Handset" from the Settings menu to avoid entering all the information manually...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
One note about moving them manually - if you have a lot of contacts (not sure the number - maybe 500?), the screen will only show a portion of what you have in the phone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an iPhone 4S and have the Auto Download toggled to ON so all my contacts are downloaded automatically to the Handset Phonebook whenever I start the JX. When I get incoming calls, if the contact is in my iPhone, it shows up on the JX's screen (caller id). If you want to move them to your Vehicle Phonebook, you can choose the "Copy from the Handset" from the Settings menu to avoid entering all the information manually...
What is the handset phonebook vs the overall address book. I have had the car for 3 days so far. One call came in with the caller ID showing. THe next day the same number came in without the caller ID. I thought it was something to do with the internal address book but now I am not sure. Maybe I am not asking the correct question??

·
Registered
64 Posts
What is the handset phonebook vs the overall address book. I have had the car for 3 days so far. One call came in with the caller ID showing. THe next day the same number came in without the caller ID. I thought it was something to do with the internal address book but now I am not sure. Maybe I am not asking the correct question??
The JX has 2 phonebooks -- the Vehicle Phonebook and the Handset Phonebook. The Vehicle Phonebook is the phonebook that is available in your vehicle, independent of your handset -- you can enter 40 entries in the vehicle's phonebook that will stay saved until you delete them. Depending on your phone (in this case, the iPhone 4s is compatible), the JX will automatically download the entire cell phone's phonebook into the Handset Phonebook (up to 1000 entries) when you start your vehicle. When you turn the vehicle off, the Handset Phonebook is emptied and will be populated once you start the vehicle again. If the system has not finished downloading the phonebook from your handset (it takes a couple of minutes, depending on how many entries you have), any numbers will not show up on the caller id... Hope that helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I just went and looked and all of my contacts are showing in the Handset Phonebook.

One strange thing is some are firstname, last name and some are reverse. They are all consistent in my contacts as they are directly frommy Outlook contacts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
One strange thing is some are firstname, last name and some are reverse. They are all consistent in my contacts as they are directly frommy Outlook contacts.
I noticed that as well. I guess that is how the software reads the entries from the iPhone...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts