Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pretty good interview with detail about the new JX's features.

Last week, we promised that this interview was on it’s way, and 417 Infiniti delivers on this promise. This here is the best, most targeted and comprehensive information about the new 2013 Infiniti JX35 from our very own Paul Giacomin, Dealer Principal at 417 Infiniti Nissan. He was kind enough to take copious notes on his test drive and visit, and made the time to sit down for an interview to let you, our valued Infiniti customers, in on some very exclusive information about the new Infiniti JX, launching very soon.

We’ll get right to it. Paul’s demeanour is visibly enthusiastic as he discusses these features – he clearly had a great time on the JX test drive.

James Bearzatto: Good morning Paul, how was the trip?

Paul Giacomin: It was excellent, thanks for asking.

James: Can you tell us a little bit about it?

Paul: Absolutely. It was an exclusive trip for the the 29 Infiniti Dealers in Canada where we got to not only SEE the JX; of course others have seen the JX at it’s reveal and at Auto shows previously, but as dealers we actually got the opportunity to test drive the 2013 Infiniti JX and received specific information and demonstration about how it’ll operate. So what I’ll be talking about today is a sort of comparison, because that’s what they took us though – a comparison of our new JX against the Acura 7-seat offering, and the Audi.

Read M0re http://www.417infiniti.com/blog/tag/2013-infiniti-jx/

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My local dealer said they should be getting their show room Infiniti JXs sometime this month. Looking forward to letting me and my family try one out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, James from 417 Infiniti in Ottawa, ON here! I was taking a look at our google analytics and noticed that you guys found our interview and linked it here - good on you, thanks for that! If you guys have any specific questions about the new 2013 Infiniti JX35, I don't mind at all taking some time to help with the community, the upcoming launch is a big deal for every Infiniti dealer and we've been doing all we can to stay on top of things.

Paul's interview is definitely one of our best works to date on the JX. He was one of the first people to test drive the JX and he had some really amazing news about it. Some of the stuff he was talking about, I had never heard about at all, like the gps fencing.

Again, thanks so much for the link, here's another one to our blog where we have it posted, and please don't hesitate to comment or PM me if you are looking for specific info on the JX35. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
How come so many ontario dealers still don't have JXs for viewing?

And even though this might be a big question what do you think the chances of a JX45 are. larger engine, bigger rims, more options.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I'm honest, I believe that a big-engine JX isn't probably something we'd see for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if they built a JX25 though, supercharged like the new Altima engine's. I read something about how Infiniti trademarked the JX25, even if they haven't announced it yet.

Gotta figure the buyer will go with the beefy FX50 if they want a powerful drive, and a QX if they need more space.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
HM. You have a good point. I am a huge fan of the FX line. Its out of my budget but its a sweet car.

Would the JX25 be smaller and lighter? I know its just a rumor but its worth talking about.

Supercharged JX25. Sounds interesting to me..

I've always wondered. Where did the V8 from the FX50 come from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Paul says the third row is "spacious." Consumer Reports says "the third row seat is as snug as those in competitors such as the Acura MDX and the Audi Q7." I'm confused.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They could have been reviewing it with the 2nd row pushed all the way back? Or, were they reviewing one with the dual-moonroof? Paul mentions that those JX's are a little more snug in the back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The JX35 with the panoramic moonroof is listed as having 1 1/2 inches less 3rd row headroom. That could be significant, I suppose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Paul said it made the difference between feeling like you have room to move around, and feeling a little cramped. And I'm not sure where they measure that 'headroom', but the roof slopes down a bit. When you factor in the panoramic moonroof, it might contribute to a general feeling of coziness, at least for an adult.

I do know for sure that when Paul was down there, they had several of the competitors' vehicles there too, and they dealers got to demo each one's 3rd row seating, one after another. And when you jump in side by side, the JX definitely seemed to have the most room and the most flexibility for getting in and out and adjusting that middle bench.

I'm taking educated guesses here, because I haven't had the pleasure of sitting in one yet. The minute one lands on our lot though, I'll do a full photoshoot and review for our blog, should be able to answer the question a little better myself. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts