Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Gas Wood Rectangle Tints and shades Composite material Gas Circuit component Font Electric blue Electronic device Electronic component
Gentlemen, I am a 50 year old car enthusiast who knows little about LED's. After much research on other forums ( as it seems no one here wants to reply to e-mails) I think I have found answers.

Bear with me as this is what I call, part 1.

So, all of the above interior bulbs were replaced with: 194 LEDS. I bought these at Amazon for about 5 bucks for 10 of them.
the exact brand I bought had a model number of 194 168 2825 T10 5 SMD. It is no wonder why we have problems finding what model number we need....;-)
As you can see they really pop at night. All the lights you see took me about 15 minutes. The factory bulbs simply pull straight out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
More Details

Car Vehicle Automotive design Window Mode of transport Tints and shades Automotive lighting Space Ceiling Darkness
OK, so what I am showing here is what did NOT WORK. I attempted to change out the overhead map lights
with BA9S 5050 -SMD LED's. These bulbs DID NOT WORK..and I don't know why?? The bulbs appear to fit..but were kinda loose.
Can ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE US WHAT TYPE IS NEEDED FOR THE MAP LIGHTS. And yes...I am yelling as I have pm'd
three people offline that have done this without any responses.
C'mon guys...it's Christmas..tell us the secret code ;-)))
airlaird

·
Registered
7 Posts
Airlaird, Thanks for taking the time to do the legwork on this for us all. The lights look great and I just ordered a set for the wifes JX!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You both are too kind....but we are all in this thing together. This forum is lacking in the participation department. I realize the jx needs more power...but it needs some aesthetic modifications as well. To complete these led mods people need to post what led's we need for the
Map lights and the rear cargo light! I know some folks know!!
Airlaird

·
Registered
28 Posts
Airlaird did u get my message. I had the same problem with the front lights until I ordered the neewer 36 led from amazon. Btw also put the 194 bulbs in the headlights they match the factory hid lights better

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
This is kinda cool. Maybe the map lights need to be different because they dim? When you guys have figured it all out, posting a list of bulbs and part numbers or amazon links would be helpful.

Just curious, do they provide more internal illumination (brightness)?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rmaster..I did get your return e-mail..three weeks later.... LOL! By then I had figured out the 194's. BUT, I did not get the message about the map lights. We need a MODEL NUMBER for the map lights. I don't know what "36 LED" means...that is not a model number. Can you get us that information?
THANKS!
airlaird

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sinecure, after i replaced the rear passenger lights with the LED's...I was afraid they would not dim. But they DO!
So, I don't think the LED's not working in the map lights is an issue of the dim feature...i just have the wrong bulb!
But, yes the light output is better. ( I just think the yellow lights inside our JX remind me of a 1968 Ford Fairlane ;-)
airlaird

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you put it in and it does not work try putting it in the other way. It could just be the polarity. Also make sure the metal prongs on the end of the LED are bent the right way as to make contact with the connector in the light. It's been mentioned before but i get all my LED lights from dealextreme.com

It takes long to ship but its cheap. If the lights dont work, complain and they will send you new ones.

I usually get the LED panels for interior lights rather than the single LEDs.

Like this

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CFRP, I appreciate your input....but we need the TYPE of LED bulb you have...your pics don't really help anyone without the style number. ...we need a model number so we can order them. The pic you posted of the LED panel, there's no way that will fit in the over map lights....is this what you have in your map lights....the panel leds??
airlaird

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Calboy..what you ordered will not work...I tried!! Please read my second post on page 1. Unless I did something wrong....and I tried several different attempts...those will not work...
Please prove me wrong....but I tried the the BA9's. I just can't figure out WHY they don't work???
airlaird

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Airlaird...I've successfully installed the following LED for the cargo area.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J3BPCK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I tested the BA9S adapter in the map lights, it works fine as well. Be sure you insert the BA9S in the socket then twist 1/4 turn to lock in place.
View attachment 326
Ahhh....I gottcha Calboy..I need the adaptor...VERY COOL! Thankyou very much. That was the piece of the puzzle I needed
from your previous pics. I will order them asap.
Thankyou all! And this completes the interior of the JX!
airlaird

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Most of the led panels should come with adapters. A set of 3 actually. There is no model number. It's not too hard.

1. Make sure it comes with all the adapters and the one that works for your car. To figure out just look at which bulb is in the existing slot and you can figure it out. There are really only 3 kinds that most manufacturers use. The adapters calboy posted are the most common ones.
2. Measure the inside of the light to see if you can fit a panel or just a small led. Find the panel or small led that fits. There are usually measurements on websites.
3. Choose if you want 5050 leds or 3528 leds.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts