Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wheat or graphite? looking to get a diamond slate. am wondering if the graphite looks "cheap" compared to the wheat. thanks for any input or pics! we live in an area where we can't see it personally.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
wheat or graphite? looking to get a diamond slate. am wondering if the graphite looks "cheap" compared to the wheat. thanks for any input or pics! we live in an area where we can't see it personally.
We've had a number of recent model Nissans with the graphite leather and liked the look. When we purchased the JX, we wanted something different. The graphite tended to hide the nice detailing and craftsmanship, but it looked very nice. Both my wife and I did not like the brownish color and thought it looked dirty. We opted for the wheat and really like it. I do treat the leather often to protect it but also clean it since I tend to wear blue jeans and they can leave their mark on light colored leather. The one thing I noticed and am not sure if its just the way the car is designed or if its the color of the interior, but on bright days, I get a pretty good glare on the driver's side mirror, making it a bit hard to see whats in the mirror. I don't know if the other two colors would have the same issue. The wheat color does make the car look bigger on the inside in my opinion. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still pick the wheat. We did go with black WeatherTech mats however, which really looks nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I personally like the wheat. I do agree that graphite may hide the detailing, but its a conservative choice where you can't go wrong with. I've chosen graphite just because of that and of staining.

I actually really like the brown mocha looking interior. Looks unique and matches the wood trim very nicely. Only seen the brown interior via pics, but it seems that it would look really good in a black obsidian or white vehicle.

Honestly, you cannot go wrong with either graphite or wheat. In a diamond slate, wheat would look awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts