Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow..thats cool.

Will you be able to post a picture how it looks in real.I have seen this in Mercedes ML and its looks cool.I was quoted around $350 parts and labor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What exactly *is* the accent lighting? I never cared enough to really pursue it, but I've also never been able to tell from the brief descriptions, and the pictures don't help at all because I have nothing to compare them to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anybody got Interior Accent Lighting kit installed?
I asked this same question in another thread and got no response. I read the install instructions and its pretty involved. There is lots of interior dis-assembly required and I think all you get is lights in the footwells that stay on all the time. Some Infiniti's kits include lighting along the door sills, etc., but not the JX.

That said, BobOB if you could post pictures or a description, that would be great.

FYI, the install instructions are here:

http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/diskdocs/1/T/P/1TP10.PDF

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I asked this same question in another thread and got no response. I read the install instructions and its pretty involved. There is lots of interior dis-assembly required and I think all you get is lights in the footwells that stay on all the time. Some Infiniti's kits include lighting along the door sills, etc., but not the JX.

That said, BobOB if you could post pictures or a description, that would be great.

FYI, the install instructions are here:

http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/diskdocs/1/T/P/1TP10.PDF
I looked at the pdf that you posted and man does that look super complicated. I can post a picture, but basically, it looks just like the what you see on the JX Accessories page. I don't really pay much attention to them except when someone opens the right front door. I can see the light, but it goes out when the rest of the lights dim. Let me know if you still want me to post a picture.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I just went out to look at them and it looks like they are the standard under dash lights. There aren't any lights in the back seat. I'm thinking the dealership must have mis-understood me when I ordered the car. The salesman and I looked at the lights during our walk through and assumed that we the lights had been installed as an accessory. I've posted two pictures, but it looks like the bulbs are standard lights. Oh-well. I'm satisfied with it just the way it is.

Office equipment Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Gadget View attachment 394

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
It is a seperate accessory. I have the lighted door kick plates and really think it adds a touch of class. From what I see in the accent light accessory, it seems to be a bit over priced for what you get. The JX comes with lighting under the dash and it works fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts