Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is your insurance cost? I just bought one for nearly $500 for 6 months, full coverage. IS this a good deal?

·
Registered
196 Posts
You really can't make comparisons for insurance unless you know specifics for the driver's info as well as how much coverage and where you live.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You really can't make comparisons for insurance unless you know specifics for the driver's info as well as how much coverage and where you live.
Not just that alone but I was told your credit rating also factors into how much you pay for insurance. So it's quite a few things. To really get a good understanding of how much insurance will cost I think people will need to go into detail.

Either way the JX will be cheaper on insurance than a lot of other cars.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We had a 2010 Armada Platinum with full coverage through Ameriprise. Our insurance stayed the same with full coverage on the JX. I'll have to look up the total amount but will post later for comparision. Yes, you are correct that there are a lot of differences that effect total, such as deductable you choose and they will use your credit rating to determine amount.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Replaced a 2005 MDX. Our insurance went up $120/yr to 1100/yr.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Hope this helps. Said I would post again with our cost so here it is: This is through Ameriprise Insurance, with no tickets for either of us and good credit. Our semiannual cost is 576.00 as Ameriprise renews every 6 months, so 1152.00 a year. This is full coverage and here is the breakdown: bodily injury at 250,000 each person and 500,000 each accident. Property damage is 100,000 each accident. Personal injury is 10,000 medical and hospital, 2,000 funeral exp., 10,000/200.00 per week income continuation and 5,000/40.00 per day/200.00 per week loss of services. Underinsured Motorist is 250,000 each person and 500,000 each accident. Property Damage is 100,000 each accident, 300.00 dec hit and run/phantom vehicle and 100.00 ded. all other. Collision ded. is 250.00. Towing 75.00 per and Rental allowance of 30.00 per day/ 900.00 max. per occurrence.
We have had Ameriprise for about 6 years and have found them to be great to deal with and offer the best rates. A friend works for State Farm and she said they are hard to beat. Just need to be a member of Costco.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hope this helps. Said I would post again with our cost so here it is: This is through Ameriprise Insurance, with no tickets for either of us and good credit. Our semiannual cost is 576.00 as Ameriprise renews every 6 months, so 1152.00 a year. This is full coverage and here is the breakdown: bodily injury at 250,000 each person and 500,000 each accident. Property damage is 100,000 each accident. Personal injury is 10,000 medical and hospital, 2,000 funeral exp., 10,000/200.00 per week income continuation and 5,000/40.00 per day/200.00 per week loss of services. Underinsured Motorist is 250,000 each person and 500,000 each accident. Property Damage is 100,000 each accident, 300.00 dec hit and run/phantom vehicle and 100.00 ded. all other. Collision ded. is 250.00. Towing 75.00 per and Rental allowance of 30.00 per day/ 900.00 max. per occurrence.
We have had Ameriprise for about 6 years and have found them to be great to deal with and offer the best rates. A friend works for State Farm and she said they are hard to beat. Just need to be a member of Costco.
Do you have to be a member of Costco to have insurance policy with Ameriprise?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
But who can really live without Costco?!:) I'm thinking you can probably go through Ameriprise without Costco but your pricing might not be so good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Car Insurance or motor insurance as commonly referred to, helps to protect the losses you might incur while driving on a busy road. Today many insurers offer many value add on‘s like Towing Facility, Depreciation cover, etc. Also, what they do not tell you is you can save up-to 55% on your car insurance renewal premium and new car insurance premium. Thus it becomes more necessary for the policy buyer to do a car insurance comparison before purchase.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, I'm I glad I live on the other side of Canada. I pay a bit over $600/yr for complete coverage including depreciation waiver. Gotta love New Brunswick!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am paying about $380 for 6 months, or $760/year for the brand new JX.
We have 3 cars in our household, and 2 drivers and we also insure our home with the same insurance agency.

We live in Seattle Area.

This is the full comprehensive insurance with $500 deductible for collission and $250 deductible for comprehensive which i think is pretty much one of the best coverage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts