Infiniti JX Forums banner

Would you want your JX35 badge changed to the new QX60 badge?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most of you know, Infiniti is changing the names of their vehicles this year. From many of the comments we are seeing regarding this decision, many forum members aren't very happy knowing that 2013 will be the only year the JX35 will be in existance. Express your feelings by voting here. Infiniti management needs to know how their customers feel about this change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just want to make sure I answer the poll properly... Are you asking if I would want my car badge physically changed? Or are you asking if I am ticked that they are changing the name and now everyone will know exactly how old my car is?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Shows you how short sided / reactionary this decision is. They didnt come up with this "plan" 6 months ago or they wuld have changed the production line. I took my "JX" badge off so don't care about getting a new set of plastic letters.

Also, making the change retroactive would be a logistical nightmare. Think of all the repair manuals, VIN identifications, existing marketing materials, etc. It's easier to just start new with 2014.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just want to make sure I answer the poll properly... Are you asking if I would want my car badge physically changed? Or are you asking if I am ticked that they are changing the name and now everyone will know exactly how old my car is?
I was asking if you physically want the badge changed to the new one. If enough people vote to have it changed, I'd like to send Infiniti a message that the new owners of the JX are a bit un-happy with the change in name. I'd like to see them offer to have our dealerships physically change out the badges to those customers that want it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Shows you how short sided / reactionary this decision is. They didnt come up with this "plan" 6 months ago or they wuld have changed the production line. I took my "JX" badge off so don't care about getting a new set of plastic letters.

Also, making the change retroactive would be a logistical nightmare. Think of all the repair manuals, VIN identifications, existing marketing materials, etc. It's easier to just start new with 2014.
I agree here, I don't think the DMVs and insurance companies would be too happy about this dual nomenclature.

There are probably legal barriers, too. I have a Chevelle that's technically an "SS396" model. SS's are dramatically higher value than base "Chevelle" models. So people make "clones" or "tribute" SS's out of the base models by putting SS badges, and then try to sell them to people who don't know to check the VIN number, which gives it away. Not good... Sure, you are free to decorate your car however you like. I just don't think Infiniti would care. I'm guessing their response would be to say to buy a 2014 if it means that much to you.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree here, I don't think the DMVs and insurance companies would be too happy about this dual nomenclature.

There are probably legal barriers, too. I have a Chevelle that's technically an "SS396" model. SS's are dramatically higher value than base "Chevelle" models. So people make "clones" or "tribute" SS's out of the base models by putting SS badges, and then try to sell them to people who don't know to check the VIN number, which gives it away. Not good... Sure, you are free to decorate your car however you like. I just don't think Infiniti would care. I'm guessing their response would be to say to buy a 2014 if it means that much to you.
I actually agree with you. Its just enough to piss off the Pope that they put the JX out then decide that because their new sports car is coming out thats its time to change all their vehicle names. Piss poor management practice.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think as long as they offer to change all the existing JXs over to the new name it should be ok. It's going to be confusing when talking about the JX because noone will know what it is.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Does this mean the forum needs to change from "Infiniti JX Forum" to "Infiniti QX60 Forum"? I should buy the domain name (InfinitiQX60Forum.com) then sell it back for the cost of a 2014 QX60.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does this mean the forum needs to change from "Infiniti JX Forum" to "Infiniti QX60 Forum"? I should buy the domain name (InfinitiQX60Forum.com) then sell it back for the cost of a 2014 QX60.
I sent that question to the Forum Administrator and he said they will migrate this forum to one reflecting the QX60. I couldn't see punishing AutoGuide for Infiniti's decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It pisses me off...I doubt infiniti will offer to rebadge....I do think considering that the name changed it will affect the resale of the vehicle...this with no doubt will open a door for consumer litigation. We will have to see what infiniti is going to do for 2013 owners.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
524 Posts
Litigation? People may be unhappy and this may affect resale but I don't think there are grounds for litigation. I would thin a company has the right to change the names of its products at will.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts