Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand an automaker's claimed rationale of limit configurations during a new-model startup, and grudginly accept the market power to enforce a you-want-options?-well-you're-gonna-get-ALL-the-options on a good-selling new model... but breaking out my thoughts from another thread, I'm comfortably happy waiting to buy until Infiniti removes the requirement for the Theater package if you want the Deluxe Touring package (which I certainly do).

So I'm just resigned to the fact that if/when I buy a JX, I'll have to order one (and am further inclined to wait until the unpromised, but inevitable, day we can order the Deluxe Touring package without the headrest screen package, on principle alone - I don't want screen-addicted kids, and if I did need screens for the long-haul, that $1700 would buy 3 iPods!)
Why I'd happily buy tomorrow for the right deal (on a loaded minus the Theater package model), I'm also in no particular hurry - and maybe something else appealing will hit or get close to hitting the market in the time between now and whenever Infiniti relaxes their ordering restrictions.

Sincecure, any insight?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too wanted the Deluxe Touring Package, but didn't want the Theater Package; so I opted to do without both. I'm doing just fine without the 2nd moonroof and rain-sensing wipers. In my case, Infiniti's marketing strategy cost them some revenue.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's force fed marketing. For me, in each package, there was about half stuff that was good and virtuous, and half fluff stuff that I didn't want. Too bad, you're getting it anyway if you want the other stuff. Our dealer had the right car on the lot, but it had theater. Pass. I mentioned in another thread that our family is opposed to electronic parenting. Our sons are 1. engineer gone to medical school 2. getting a Phd in engineering, 3. working on engineering degree. They did OK without a screen in front of their face 100% of the time All three of them say they would never put a monitor in one of their cars.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I can't say I disagree with you. If I were buying the car, I'd want the cooled seats that come in DT, but I hate built-in theatre options. At least they had the good sense to allow multiple options for input and different video on each screen. But for the cost of the theatre package, as someone else pointed out, you could hang a couple of iPads on the headrests and still have money left over to legally download a bunch of movies.

I think we'll start seeing some w/out theater before too long. I hope so, at least.

Anyone seen a Glacial Silver JX yet? I actually had a customer asking for one today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Couldn't agree more. When we bought our JX, they stocked the entire lot with the entertainment packages. We, too, didn't want the theater package, and our sales rep knew that. Luckily, our dealer was able to send us out with a loaded JX at a really aggressive price. They gave us more for our trade-in and nicked a few dollars off the theater package. I doubt we will ever use those damn things, but hey, it's there if we need it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The dealer reduced the price of the theater package after I complained about it a lot. I even asked him to take out the screens that look like it came from the 60s out of the car if possible. What they need is a good mount for ipads that looks cool.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have to admit I was a little nervous about getting the theater package. As stated above, you can buy three iPads with the price.

After playing with them for a few weeks, ive been impressed with the flexibility. I can stream audio/video from my iPhone, play movies from DVD, play different videos on both screens, etc. all without my 2 yr old breaking anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with the previous posts. I didn't want a big fat TV sitting behind my head and a kid who can't get away from a tv screen. I ended up having to order a car since every car on the lot had the theater package. I would've liked the DT package, but it wasn't worth it to me to pay extra for theater just to get something else I wanted. So Infiniti lost out on revenue from me too.

I always wonder if anyone from Infiniti is actively reading this forum. They're getting free market research from us, and hopefully will take note of the comments and will make some changes in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree. I want the touring package for the moonroof but definitely do not want the theatre packages, screens and all. That means I'm still searching for a new car. I doubt I'll wait until they relax their rules, but I sure wish they would have considered that we don't all want our kids staring at screens when they could be enjoying the views out the windows, including the sky.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The flexibility is quite impressive with the factory theater package. For me it was a REQUIREMENT on the new vehicle. I needed something that I can control from the front and something the kids can't mess with. Also, movies sound impressive with the JX sound system. On top of it, I have my front navigation screen set up to play the movies while the vehicle is driving!

·
Registered
275 Posts
The flexibility is quite impressive with the factory theater package. For me it was a REQUIREMENT on the new vehicle. I needed something that I can control from the front and something the kids can't mess with. Also, moves sound impressive with the JX sound system. On top of it, I have my front navigation screen set up to play the movies while the vehicle is driving!
Did you install one of those aftermarket devices which over rides the system lock?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Even easier, costs less than $10. DPDT switch and some wire. I posted all the details here:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/watch-movies-on-navigation-screen-while-jx35-is-moving-t564015.html

It took me less than 2 hours total, that is with breakfast and a latte. LOL It is awesome watching movies on that Nav screen, it is a much bigger screen. I did the same mod on my Armada Platinum and on our G37 (yes, somehow the kids get enjoyment out of watching movies on the front screen even though they are sitting in the backseats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts