Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In a surprising move, Infiniti has announced an all-new naming system for its models that will start with its 2014 model year vehicles and beyond.

The new nomenclature strategy is part of the Japanese automaker’s goal of expanding its presence in the premium automotive sector. The move will be kicked off when the next-generation G sedan is shown off at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, but will now be known as the Q50.

All of Infiniti’s 2014 sedans and coupes will be renamed with a Q prefix, while its crossovers and SUVs will sport a QX prefix. Each model will be identified by a double digit number, presenting its hierarchy in the range.

Read the rest of the story at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is seriously the dumbest thing I have seen. I am curious to hear what others thing, but in my opinion...........WTF???????????

·
Registered
47 Posts
How confusing is this going to be! The Q60 will be a "sports coupe/convertible", while the QX60 is an entirely different model and vehicle type: a "7 passenger luxury crossover". The difference is in the X. This will cause more problems with communications than it will expand it's luxury presence. Disappointing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Umm...whack. With using just a Q/QX and a two digit number...it will make it harder and more confusing to add to models and its variants. How is a JX lower in the hierarchy than the JX...engine size?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, where is the petition??????

Why didn't they just call the SUV's, "SUV" and the cars "CAR", and followed by S, M, L, XL, XXL

·
Registered
275 Posts
Everyone tries to ape BMW :)
Lexus is trying to imitate the designs.
Infiniti is trying to imitate the naming method. Yeah, we don't have BMW's sales because our names are not similar.

Why can't these guys just come up with their own shit!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow.....there is some life on this forum! Honestly guys, the body style will remain. All we have to do is by some new chrome letters for the back and voila! Oh yeah.....we gotta change the forum name
Airlaird

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Wow.....there is some life on this forum! Honestly guys, the body style will remain. All we have to do is by some new chrome letters for the back and voila! Oh yeah.....we gotta change the forum name
Airlaird
I think Infiniti dealers should pop our JX35 chrome letters off and replace them with the new ones. That would be an interesting voluntary recall!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome, I already feel like I have the only "JX" in my town. My truck will always be a JX... No matter what they call newer versions .. I'll keep my JX badges ...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
it's going to take a while to remember all of this. Personally I don't really like how everything is going to be Q and QX. What the hell does QX stand for that is so important that all of the cars have to be named QX? It's like Acura changing everything to end with an X.. WHYY

·
Registered
51 Posts
Agreed that this is not just silly but a little stupid...and I am extremely unhappy about the name change considering I purchased my obsolete JX about 2 weeks before they came out with this craziness.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, but what about when we go to sell our JX's and none of the paperwork matches. I bet this just dismissed the value of our vehicles 10 to 20 percent

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
The value of your vehicle went down 10-20% the moment you drove it over the curb. Seems to me there are probably other things worth worrying about.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The value of your vehicle went down 10-20% the moment you drove it over the curb. Seems to me there are probably other things worth worrying about.
Of course it did. But, I wasn't looking for an additional drop because Infiniti decided to make our vehicles obsolete less than 6 months after we purchased it. In 3 years when I get ready to sell it, Do you think people would rather have a QX60 or a JX35? Whats a JX35 the buyer asks? :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts