Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With a focus on functionality, innovation and safety, Infiniti has revealed its new JX crossover in Monterey as part of the week-long Pebble Beach festivities. Targeted at well-heeled families, the JX is just a concept for now, although Infiniti is promising this vehicle is nearly identical to the production version that will be revealed at the LA Auto Show in November.

Notable highlights include a 7-seater, three-row arrangement, with second row seats that can move forward and back by as much as 5.5-inches. In addition, the second row splits and folds, allowing for a child seat in the second row, while retaining access to the third row. On the safety side, the JX gets a Backup Collision Intervention system that not only detects if you are about to reverse into something, but will actually apply the brakes in order to stop the vehicle.

Power will come from a V6 engine (presumably the brand's 3.7-liter unit), while the JX will be offered as either front- or all-wheel drive. Of note, the JX will not get Infiniti's 7-speed automatic transmission, but rather a newly developed CVT unit.

More: Infiniti JX Video: First Look at Infiniti's 3-Row Luxury Crossover on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
149 Posts
gotta love the huge chrome grill that infiniti is incorporating into their cars.
I actually like that chrome grill too. Never was a big fan of big chrome grill bling but Infiniti has pulled off this feature in a clean way.

An example of a horrible chrome front grill is the 2011 Lincoln Navigator....

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wonder if Infiniti has improved on the back-up sensors, I remember when back-up sensors first came out on cars within a few different luxury brand. Whenever they got dirty even just a bit it would set the sensor off. Not sure if this was some defect or if it was built to be that sensitive. Hopefully now we don't need to go out and clean the sensors every so often so they don't become a bother when dirty

·
Registered
24 Posts
surprised the Infiniti JX concept didn't have the usually concept car features, i will be expecting a Infiniti JX production model that looks 80% like the JX concept.

This newly developed Infiniti CVT Transmission will be interesting, I just wonder how much different it will be from the current CVT transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts