Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infiniti claims that the JX will have a V6. I am guessing it will be based on the VQ37 motor from the 2011 G37.

VQ37VHR 3.7 L 328 hp (245 kW) 269 ft·lbf (365 N·m) V6

It is usually mated with the 6 speed manual or the 7 speed auto. Thought Infiniti states the transmission from the Infiniti JX has new features "continuously variable transmission".

A continuously variable transmission (CVT) is a transmission that can change steplessly through an infinite number of effective gear ratios between maximum and minimum values. This contrasts with other mechanical transmissions that offer a fixed number of gear ratios. The flexibility of a CVT allows the driving shaft to maintain a constant angular velocity over a range of output velocities. This can provide better fuel economy than other transmissions by enabling the engine to run at its most efficient revolutions per minute (RPM) for a range of vehicle speeds. Alternatively it can be used to maximize the performance of a vehicle by allowing the engine to turn at the RPM at which it produces peak power. This is typically higher than the RPM that achieves peak efficiency.

·
Registered
175 Posts
At least now with the CVT transmission we can pull up to anyone and ask them if they would like to race in reverse haha. I think I will be challenging some guys with domestic's to a reverse race.

I will like to see a V6 engine similar to that of the G37 engine but if Infiniti really want this to be a vehicle for families, It will need to be fuel efficient and powerful.
6 cylinder hybrid + turbo :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
At least now with the CVT transmission we can pull up to anyone and ask them if they would like to race in reverse haha. I think I will be challenging some guys with domestic's to a reverse race.

I will like to see a V6 engine similar to that of the G37 engine but if Infiniti really want this to be a vehicle for families, It will need to be fuel efficient and powerful.
6 cylinder hybrid + turbo :D
Can CVT tranmissions allow the vehicle to go that fast in reverse? never heard of this before. I just thought a CVT transmission was just to help increase fuel economy. Any details on what the CVT transmission can and cannot do compared to a regular automatic transmission?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts