Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope Infiniti creates a blacked-out version of the JX (QX60), similar to what Jeep did with the Grand Cherokee. The extensive use of chrome is a major visual put-off for me.

Here is a preview of what it "could" look like with a little help from PlastiDip. The bumper guard, upper/lower horizontal bars, and the logo are dipped. I removed the JX35 letters:
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Personally, I don't like that look, but agree it would look good if they did the smoked chrome treatment they did on the '13 FX37 Limited Edition. Smoked side vents, smoked wheels, smoked roof rails. Looks sharp. I'm not a fan of plasti-dip, unless it's on a black car - and even then, I don't love the look.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ae you gonna do the front Grille also? i was contemplating this after i paint my roof black
That's my goal. I'm hoping it's easy to remove the grill in one piece.

"paint my roof black" - do you mean the roof rails/cross bars? Mine is all scratched black from the cargo-box claws. I don't understand why Infiniti choose light-gray.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ae you gonna do the front Grille also? i was contemplating this after i paint my roof black
I was going to do my front grill too. But I don't know how it would hold up on the front of the vehicle.. with bugs blasting it... but wanted to do just the center, and leave the border and logo, like this pic.. Automotive side-view mirror Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to do my front grill too. But I don't know how it would hold up on the front of the vehicle.. with bugs blasting it... but wanted to do just the center, and leave the border and logo, like this pic.. View attachment 1250
Is that pic photoshopped?

I've seen a number of youtube videos that plastidip their grill with general success against bugs, rain, etc... Eventually a rock will "chip" the plastic, but it'll give you a temporary look for only a few bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts