Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do the workers have to walk back to their original starting point once they're done with their section of the job?
Needs more robots.
I want to see more of the car being painted.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I used to go to the New United Motors Manufacturing plant in Fremont when they were building Toyotas and Chevrolets. This plant is very similar in its operation and very impressive. The workers work in a pretty small area and can stop the entire line if they run into a problem. Workers are encouraged to learn other assembly areas so that they can fill in when needed or transfer to another team. Its the American auto industry at its best, with some excellent Japanese work processes (which by the way, they learned from us after WWII but our industries didn't want to adopt them...its the reason Japanese products are high quality).

What I loved about the plant, and can assume the Nissan/Infiniti plant is the same way, is that the workers are incredibly proud of their workmanship. For anyone wanting to purchase a new car, if they ever have the opportunity to tour any auto plant, do so. I think they will be impressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts