Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my horror story with you all and see if you guys could suggest any steps that I need to take.

I bought my new JX 35 on May 17, 2013. When picking up the vehicle, I notice the passenger floor mat was a bit damp. The sales rep told me that they had just finished detailing it so I thought it just didn't dry off. I drove off with the car and a week later was the first time that someone sat in the passenger seat, which happen to be me. I was tapping my feet and notice that the carpeting was wet. I remove the floor mat and to my surprise that it was dripping water like it was left out in the rain. I check the carpeting underneath and that too was wet. The following Monday, May 27, I took the car back to the dealer. Turns out they sold me a JX with a broken A/C hose, they told me that they will fix the problem in a week and get the car back to me. I contact the dealer that Friday to check on the status the service rep told me that it would be Monday that I will get the car back. That got me concern, that if its taking the dealer this long it must have been a serious problem. My son was born on May 14, and now I started to think about mold and mold spore spreading. I know that car had wet floor mat and carpeting for at least a week most likely another before I purchased it. I told the dealer to replace the car for me and that I would not be satisfied with repairing it. They refused and told me that Infiniti corporate will have to handle the buy back. In the mean time they continued to work on repairing the damage.

So I got the car back from the dealer on June 12, 2013 more that two weeks later. They said that they removed all of the carpeting and padding from the front and rear seats. That night I took the family to dinner and my wife tries to start up the rear A/C unit and to my surprise no air. We could hear the fan but no air. Looks like when they changed the carpeting they must of forgotten to connect up the rear A/C correctly. Now I will have to get the car serviced again. As of now the dealership has had my car in there possession more then me.

I feel like I have been duped, when they sold me the car with a pre-existing condition. I've contacted corporate they said that they have started a process of getting me a new car but that its no guarantee that this will happen. I have never had this bad of a time with a car purchase.

Till now I have been really quite about this, but it looks like to get things to move along faster I need to get loud. I was hoping that the JX community could help me spread this story and get this issue resolved once and for all.

This car was suppose to be a gift for my wife for the birth of our son. She has driven it twice since we purchased it. So much for gifting this to her. It was purchased from Sewell Infiniti in Houston TX.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Tanveer

·
Registered
524 Posts
I agree, you've had a crappy experience, first with build quality and second with dealership quality. I think you started in the right direction by calling corporate. Make sure you provide details about your dealer experience, poor response and not fixing it quickly.

I don't think you have anything to worry about specific to mold. The carpet replacement will correct the problem and painted steel will prevent rust. Offgas is what you should be concerned about.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Definitely keep us posted on your resolve. If they don't replace the car, it sounds like they will make good on the repair. If they don't replace the car, I'd ask that they provide you with an extended warranty and/or long time service agreement for all the trouble you've been through. Several members early on were able to get such concessions when they had problems with the new JX.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like you got hosed.... (sorry could not resist). Sorry to hear about this, I would be very pissed if I was in your place - trying to make a gift for your wife for this special occasion and this happens.... I would do what you are already doing - contact corporate and see if they can make it right. Hopefully they can get you into a new car and perhaps give you some nice options with it to compensate you for your troubles. Please keep us updated and good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi tmomin and thanks for you post. We too recently (June1) leased a JX 35 and discovered a wet passenger side floor mat. I took the small plastic cap (not sure what that thing is) off and discovered a large amount of standing water in the vehicle so obviously something was wrong. The vehicle had about 750 miles on it.

After reading your post I immediately took it back to dealer and they confirmed something was obviously wrong and suspected the drainage pipe associated with sunroof. I guess there is a line which runs down the passenger side frame (between front windshield and passenger window). They gave me a loaner and said we'll call you with the diagnosis. Later that day the confirmed and said the line had never been connected properly at the factory and they were going to replace all carpeting on the floor and had removed everything (seats) to ensure no odor entered the vehicle. The problem has also been listed on the record and I have been assured any condition related to the problem will not be a responsibility of mine at lease termination.

At this stage the car has been with them for just over a week but I have every confidence they will correct the problem and return the car in "like new" condition. Our experience with this dealer (Greenwich Infiniti) has been excellent so I am optimistic - although happy we only leased this particular Infiniti (have had several).

Good luck with your JX - I will advise if my optimism was misplace.

Regards,
GPC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depends on your state, but look into Lemon laws, typically, if you return the vehicle to be repaired for the same thing 3 times or more (you are already at number 2), they generally will buy the car back from you, or give you a replacement. Again, depends on state law.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too just discovered wet carpeting however, mine is on the driver side. Not sure if it's the same problem described in this thread but this is pretty concerning. I will be contacting the dealer first thing tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2013 JX35 Canada - manufactured 04/2013, Tech Package, purchased brand new in 03/2014, serious juddering issues. Dealership indicated in July 2014 that it is normal for the car to have such judders. Infiniti Canada also of no assistance. Dealership indicated that ITB13-20a bulletin, issued in 10/2013 does not apply to my motor vehicle, even though my VIN clearly indicates that ITB13-20a applies to the motor vehicle. There are two preceeding safety bulletins also issued regarding the juddering at low speed. Decided to take matters in my own hand by going through government appointed arbitrator.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to bring this old thread back to life. I was doing a search on "wet carpet" and came across this. I'm at the dealer now and they are trying to figure out why the carpet (and NOT the top of the floormats) were wet on the passenger side. They will be looking at any hoses that would have come off (passenger side sunroof drain hose and potential AC hose).

Does anyone here have a definitive answer as to what may have occurred? It appears that the driver side is dry. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting. The driver floorboard on my 2013 JX35 is also wet. I cleaned out the drains in sunroof, but no help. Any suggestions on what else to look for?
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts