Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to use IC to get to a place in DC. I called via the navi and asked the guy to send directions to the closest parking garage to a specific restaurant. He asked if I had the address to the parking garage, I said no, and he said "I can't send you the address if you don't have one". I told him that if I had the address, I wouldn't be talking to him...I just didnt know the closest parking area near a specific restaurant. He says he can't help me, but did send the restaurant address to my car. Am I asking for too much? Even my iphone can show me this sort of thing. Just wondering if others have found the IC to be useful for similar situations.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've never had that problem with them. The operators have actually gone beyond what I needed by looking at maps and current traffic. Since he was sitting in front on a computer and probably on Google, he should have been able to figure it out. I think I would have asked to be transferred to another operator or just hang up and get someone else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mixed results, sometimes i get an operator that is very helpful, sometimes i get real sticks in the mud that are infuriating. usually i am able to get results, but i dislike having to be overly insistent before they become helpful. once the free year is up i doubt i'll renew. fwiw, i found onstar to be equally uneven.

·
Registered
18 Posts
so far, I have had great experiences. but majority of my calls consists of questions of where to eat, so its probably not hard to do.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I've probably called Infiniti Personal Assistant through Infiniti Connection in the car 150 times (remember, I sell these things so I do it all the time as part of a demo drive). Sometimes we ask mundane things like "can you find me the nearest In n Out Burger?" But often I have clients ask other stuff. Only once or twice have I encountered people who were less than helpful. And I think it was because they were new (after a while, you recognize their names and voices when they answer).

FWIW, I had a client tell me she recently used IC/IPA for just what you describe (find me the nearest parking garage) - and they were able to help her immediately.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My Infiniti PA/connection is up for renewal at the end of Sept. I've never used them at all. Is there a difference between the PA and the Connection?

I did go to the website recently and saw that there was remote car unlocking and such. If I don't renew, would I still be able to do that?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I just updated my subscription and feel this is one service worth paying for. I use it all the time and really like having them send the Navigation a destination when I'm on the road. We are planning a trip cross country in the fall and will use the Trip Planner and the IC plenty on the trip. I don't mind calling for simple things like, can you find out what time the Costco Business Center closes, etc. I know some people won't use it, but its worth trying. I always wanted On-Star but just couldn't bring myself to buy another GM piece of garbage.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The trip planner was neat but my biggest problem with it was once I click on a location, it's automatically added as a way point and I can't get rid of it. Thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts