81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Canada infiniti connect is free for
1year. Saw some talk of connect being 4 years
Free? This true?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Infiniti Connection is free for 1 year in the US. The concierge service is free for four years, but only the first year it's available through the vehicle. The remaining years it's available through your phone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep. Connection free for 1 year, personal assistant free for 4.
I wonder how much Infiniti connection is after the trial period. I think the personal assistant is $199 per year after the trial period.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's like $350 - $400 a year in Canada. I've only used it once, there's still lots of bugs.
There are two service plan, the Infiniti Connection and the Infiniti Connection Plus. And you must subscribe to the standard plan before you can add the "Plus" plan. So it can cost US$179 - US$309 or C$229 - C$388.

The Infiniti Connection (US$179 / C$229):
Automatic Crash Notification
Emergency Call
Enhanced Roadside Assistance,
Report Stolen Vehicle
Remote Door Lock
Remote Door Unlock
Alarm Notification
Maintenance Alert
My Schedule.

The Infiniti Connection Plus (US$129 / C$159):
Destination Assistance
Destination Send-to-Vehicle
Drive Zone
Max Speed Alert
In Vehicle Connection to Infiniti Personal Assistant
Valet Alert

IMHO, this is way too expensive. By comparison, BMW Assist has most of the standard and Plus features (+ iPhone Apps; + locating your car) and it is only around C$170 per year.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are two service plan, the Infiniti Connection and the Infiniti Connection Plus. And you must subscribe to the standard plan before you can add the "Plus" plan. So it can cost US$179 - US$309 or C$229 - C$388.

The Infiniti Connection (US$179 / C$229):
Automatic Crash Notification
Emergency Call
Enhanced Roadside Assistance,
Report Stolen Vehicle
Remote Door Lock
Remote Door Unlock
Alarm Notification
Maintenance Alert
My Schedule.

The Infiniti Connection Plus (US$129 / C$159):
Destination Assistance
Destination Send-to-Vehicle
Drive Zone
Max Speed Alert
In Vehicle Connection to Infiniti Personal Assistant
Valet Alert

IMHO, this is way too expensive. By comparison, BMW Assist has most of the standard and Plus features (+ iPhone Apps; + locating your car) and it is only around C$170 per year.
over $300 per year??? I agree, way too expensive. I hope most people won't sign up after the initial trial period in order for Infiniti to bring the price to a reasonable level.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm sure the cost will come down as they roll this out to the rest of their fleet. The average cost per vehicle will come down allowing them to lower the cost. Hopefullly.

I don't even think to call someone for assistance since its so easy with my iPhone. I also don't think it's worth $300/year.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Most Credit Cards have the concierge service. I have it on my Discover, Amex and Bank of America.
And the other features in the Infiniti Connection like the "Set Valet Perimeter" or "Send map to Car" are not very usable without cell phone apps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The feature I like the most is how you can have the personal assistant look up a destination and have him/her send it to your JX's navigation.

This is much better than having to enter the address or look for the place on your navi or phone while driving. However, I assume you would need the Connection Plus for this to work, which sucks b/c it costs over $300/year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Infiniti Connection is free for 1 year in the US. The concierge service is free for four years, but only the first year it's available through the vehicle. The remaining years it's available through your phone.
I've been searching for an answer to a specific question and can't find it, so I'll ask here rather than bog things down with a separate post.

Obviously a lot of people are somewhat confused by the difference between Infiniti Connection and Personal Assistant. I assume, like me, the reason is because Infiniti Connection seems to include some of what Personal Assistant is.

So my question is, can I just push the SOS button in the car to get to Personal Assistant features for the first year that Infiniti Connection is available? I hesitate pushing that button (being it's named SOS) for anything but emergency issues. I realize after the first year I need to use either the Personal Assistant app, phone number, email address or texting number. Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's under INFO -> INFINITI CONNECTION button. Click "Connect to voice menu". Then speak "Personal Assistance". I'm 5 months in and haven't used it once. I really should, everyone says its great.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
You CAN get to IPA through the SOS button, but the Infiniti Connection people, as well as your fellow users, would prefer you not do it that way. SOS gets you directly to an emergency dispatch person. They can re-route you to IPA, but there's a better way.

Just press the headphone icon on your navigation screen. This will take you to an interactive voice response that is the same call center. When it answers, just say "Infiniti Personal Assistant". That's the preferred way for you to reach an IPA person.

Ask your assistant to help you plan a party (seriously, they'll do that). Or order flowers for your wife. Or find you the nearest In n Out burger. Or the cheapest gas station in the next 30 miles. Or how to use XYZ feature on your JX. If you're using them to help find something, they can download the address to your navi screen when they hang up (let them hang up the call for this feature to work).

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's a lot of help, thank you. I kept hearing about IPA working in car for the first year and mentally attached it to the one year SOS feature. So after that first year, that way will no longer work because it's part of IC, which is why after that you simply call from your cell or the app. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curious...
I just went to renew my Infiniti Connection subscription for $180. Typically only subscribe to Infiniti Connection because Plus is way to much. While on the screen it also listed Infiniti Connection Plus for an additional $9.90 for 1 year. Of course I subscribed because it's typically $129. Is Infiniti running a special? I am just curious. I even took a screen shot because I couldn't believe it. Receipt came in with taxes for $202.12.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts