Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There doesn't seem to be any iphone apps or mobile website for the Infiniti Connection. Is this true or am I just not seeing it?

The concept of the Infiniti Connection seems to be geared toward "on the go", so I'm confused by the lack of mobile website or apps. You would think they would make it easier for you to lock your doors (or whatever) from your phone.

·
Registered
524 Posts
As long as they are giving away four years of free service, im sure they will focus on the car integration (free for only 1 yr). I bet as this service is rolled out across their entire lineup, the free 4 yrs will go away and the iPhone/android apps will appear.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I just learned that the JX is the first Infiniti vehicle to have the Connection. I have to guess that Infiniti is working on the mobile websites/apps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They have certainly advertised that they are going to have an iPhone App for Inifiniti Connection., Just behind schedule on it. Would be pretty excited if Remote Start were on it... :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Locking your phone with your phone and remote starting it would be an awesome feature to have standard. I know on my old car I had the compustar drone which was a aftermarket alarm that also had GPS tracking and it worked with my iPhone

·
Registered
196 Posts
Has anyone actually used the Infiniti Connection yet for real? If so, did things go as expected. I'm kind of expecting it to be something that expires after a year without any use.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone actually used the Infiniti Connection yet for real? If so, did things go as expected. I'm kind of expecting it to be something that expires after a year without any use.
For me, it's only useful when sending my destination from a computer instead of entering it in the car's navi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Locking your phone with your phone and remote starting it would be an awesome feature to have standard. I know on my old car I had the compustar drone which was a aftermarket alarm that also had GPS tracking and it worked with my iPhone
Ditto, but some questions exist there -- can I remote start my JX from 100 feet away? 1000? 10,000? Where does it end, and how will they know for sure if I say no the GPS?

Here's hoping, but I fear this is a non-starter.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We use it frequently to look up places and have them download the information to the navigation unit. We like it. Recently we were on the freeway in Seattle with some friends and there was a shooting on the freeway. Our friends were a couple miles ahead of us and told us to get off the freeway immediately. We used the Infiniti Connection to re-route us and it was flawless. They got us off the freeway just in time, otherwise we would have been stuck on the freeway for 2 hours. I think it is a great service.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We use it frequently to look up places and have them download the information to the navigation unit. We like it. Recently we were on the freeway in Seattle with some friends and there was a shooting on the freeway. Our friends were a couple miles ahead of us and told us to get off the freeway immediately. We used the Infiniti Connection to re-route us and it was flawless. They got us off the freeway just in time, otherwise we would have been stuck on the freeway for 2 hours. I think it is a great service.
Did you call the concierge up and ask for a reroute?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Did you call the concierge up and ask for a reroute?
Since I was originally following another vehicle, I had them direct me to the restaraunt that we were heading for. It got us there but the Nav tried to send us back to the freeway anyway. I have to admit that the concierge system works pretty good. Love the Nav in the JX. It is one of the best that I have used.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have only used the Infiniti Connect once, it was to find a restaurant, the gentleman on the phone had found the restaurant and said that he was going to send it to my navi, I don't know if I actually have to press something to initiate the download or the rep just failed to send it to my vehicle; but I did end up finding the restaurant rather quickly so I never bothered to call back.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I have only used the Infiniti Connect once, it was to find a restaurant, the gentleman on the phone had found the restaurant and said that he was going to send it to my navi, I don't know if I actually have to press something to initiate the download or the rep just failed to send it to my vehicle; but I did end up finding the restaurant rather quickly so I never bothered to call back.
Sounds to me like you should log into infiniticonnection (or via owner's portal on infinitiusa.com) and make sure your IC is set up and configured properly. It's possible the guy just made a mistake, but if things are set up properly online, then that might explain the problem.

I think destination assistance and the ability to have destinations sent to you by the Infiniti Personal Assistant is one of the coolest features of IC/IPA.

One of my favorite demonstrations for technically inclined people is to ask the IPA person to find the cheapest gas station in the NEXT 30 miles. We all have apps on our phones that will find the cheapest gas in a 30 mile radius, but who is going to turn around and go back X miles to save a few cents per gallon? But if I can choose between two stations at exit 345 and 347 and the further one is $0.05/gallon cheaper, why not?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
You have to let them hang up first then the system will download automatically. If you end the call, you will loose the download. If you call back, they will have your call history and can immediately send it to your car again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently used Infiniti Connection on a trip to Vermont. I used the website to send a bunch of destinations to my JX, and then used them to create the routes. None of the destinations were correct. They routed me to the middle of the town or to an area that was a couple of miles from the actual destination. Funny thing though, if I used the Nav to look up the POI it got the locations correct. I used IC so I wouldn't have to stop and search using the Nav interface.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts