Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to setup the Infiniti Connection in the JX and sync google calendar? Is this done through portal on computer and do we need to wait for Infiniti to email before registering?

Does the JX come with a built in phone device? When I try to connect it says connection failed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
as far as I know, you need to have your phone paired via bluetooth in order to connect to Infiniti Connection. Salesman told me you can sync your google calendar, but I wasn't interested so he skipped it.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My phone is paired but when I select Infiniti Connection and go to sync it seems to be connecting on a 2G network and not using my phone. In addition, I get a message that these type of calls are not permitted on this line. It seems that there is some cellular connectivity in the JX independent of our paired phones. I am guessing that's how the SOS and unlock doors feature works similar to on star?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My phone is paired but when I select Infiniti Connection and go to sync it seems to be connecting on a 2G network and not using my phone. In addition, I get a message that these type of calls are not permitted on this line. It seems that there is some cellular connectivity in the JX independent of our paired phones. I am guessing that's how the SOS and unlock doors feature works similar to on star?
Can anyone confirm this? Does the car have it's own 2G connection? So when you use sync it disconnects your phone? Or just goes back to the 2G network?

·
Registered
166 Posts
interesting.... i pushed the infiniti connect and got the same message "these types of calls are not permitted on this line."

·
Registered
289 Posts
The JX has its own scellular unit, based on the GPS manual, "This vehicle incorporates a communication device that is called a TCU (Telematics Communication Unit)". It does not use the bluetooth connention and in fact it disables bluetooth when activeted. You may need to register first to use it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
sounds a lot like onstar where it has that feature for emergencys, would like someone to give their say on this to confirm things

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am an Infiniti employee, but I can only give you my opinion... you need to check directly with Infiniti for confirmation.
Infiniti Connection uses a cellular device embedded in the vehicle. It does not use your cell phone.
I think you will have more luck getting confirmation directly from Infiniti... check out this Twitter link set up specifically for JX questions.
https://twitter.com/#!/InfinitiJXHelp

Also, check out these videos for an overview of the system and information on enrollment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz1tiVosuLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--0QaL4K8FU&feature=relmfu

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can set up a lot of the infiniti connection features at owners.infinitiusa.com This lets you set up text alerts anytime vehicle is above a certain speed, driven outside a certain area, also choose news feeds, sports scores for vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have to setup on the website first to use it; they did this for me at the dealer. Then you enter on the website your google account. You sync all feeds (I think that's under "info" on the dash) then click feeds, then google calendar. You'll also see "google maps" in a separate feed. Btw feeds is where sport scores and stock prices also show.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts