Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the "how do they do that" category: wireless headphones don't work in front seat!

After taking delivery Monday, last night was the first chance we had to really play with the interior technology. I feel like I should get some sort of degree in computer science after mastering the controls.

In addition to the pleasant surprise that the central nav screen will also play videos when the JX is parked, we found that the wireless headphones stop working if you pass them to a front passenger. Hand them back to the kid in back and they start working again. I understand the logic of not having the driver listening to a movie while travelling, but how is Infiniti able to make them so directional in such a small space?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Infrared headphones with transmitters in the screens. IR does not travel around corners or through material like radio/microwaves.

·
Registered
39 Posts
my wireless headphone doesnt work at all. Do I need to set it to work or just put the battery in and turn it on? and also the front screen doesn't work in park neither.
Sjyokel: can you show me how to set it up?am i doing something wrong?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my wireless headphone doesnt work at all. Do I need to set it to work or just put the battery in and turn it on? and also the front screen doesn't work in park neither.
Sjyokel: can you show me how to set it up?am i doing something wrong?
For the headphones, after putting the batteries in, push the power button and you should see a little red light. There are two other controls on the headset. One switches from left screen to right. The other is the volume dial. I put in a DVD, moved to the back seat, used the remote to turn on the screen, and the headsets started working.

I'll have to sit in the JX tonight to recall exactly how I got it on the front screen, but there's a button on the stereo for DVD/AUX (I think that's what it was called) and I cycled through that to DVD. There was a warning message about only working when the vehicle is stopped and in park, then the video started playing. I'll verify the steps tonight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
thank you Sjyokel, I've tried everything to make the wireless headphone to work but no luck. I pushed the on/off button, adjust the volume and left right . ..still not working. Do you turn the car's speaker off or not? I did turn the speakers off while dvd is player to see if it works but no luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me take a look tonight when the Mrs. gets home. We had the radio playing through the main speakers and the DVD was playing only through the headphones. I'm not sure if using the remote to turn on the screen had anything to do with it or not. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
After taking delivery Monday, last night was the first chance we had to really play with the interior technology. I feel like I should get some sort of degree in computer science after mastering the controls.

In addition to the pleasant surprise that the central nav screen will also play videos when the JX is parked, we found that the wireless headphones stop working if you pass them to a front passenger. Hand them back to the kid in back and they start working again. I understand the logic of not having the driver listening to a movie while travelling, but how is Infiniti able to make them so directional in such a small space?
were the controls that hard to work , in terms of the headphones im sure theyre is a bypass sensor or something they put in place where ti disables the headphones.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you Sjyokel, I've tried everything to make the wireless headphone to work but no luck. I pushed the on/off button, adjust the volume and left right . ..still not working. Do you turn the car's speaker off or not? I did turn the speakers off while dvd is player to see if it works but no luck.
I played with the DVD system last night and was always able to get the headphones to work when I selected the DVD through the remote in the back seat. Twice I couldn't get them to work. Once was when I first put in the DVD and it came up on the front screen / all speakers. The second time I selected DVD on the radio and had it playing through the car speakers. I'm not sure yet whether it was me or if the speakers have to be off or on another source for the headphones to work.

To test your headphones to make sure they're working, turn on the JX and leave it in park. Put in a DVD, let it load, switch the radio back to another source. Safety disclaimer...maybe you should have a competent adult sit in the driver's seat just so I'm not responsible in the event the transmission slips into gear, the parking brake fails, and you drive through your garage! Sit in the back seat, use the remote to turn on a screen, make sure your headphones are selected to the same screen, and turn them on. If there's still no sound, you might have a defective set.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
were the controls that hard to work , in terms of the headphones im sure theyre is a bypass sensor or something they put in place where ti disables the headphones.
The controls aren't that hard to work, but it does take some time to find which menu everything is located in. They really do a great job of making it intuitive, but I have to admit I keep grabbing for that large dial when trying to turn the volume up/down!

·
Registered
39 Posts
okay, I got my headphone to work now. I was playing the DVD without the engine running. now I leave the engine on and the headphone work. but still can't figure out how to play DVD in the front screen.

·
Registered
71 Posts
okay, I got my headphone to work now. I was playing the DVD without the engine running. now I leave the engine on and the headphone work. but still can't figure out how to play DVD in the front screen.
You have to engage the parking brake. It won't work with just putting your gear/transmission in park (P).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts