Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The link below is to a pdf picture tutorial of how to replace the in-cabin air filter on a 2013 JX35. My first time took me about 15 minutes, quite easy if you're patient. It helps if you lay on your left side, face the firewall and use your left hand. The filter is actually larger than the access hatch (see pic) so you'll need to pinch the center of the filter a little so as to make it look like a bow tie. Compress the center just enough so the filter edge on the driver side is curved enough to push through the filter hatch. Hope this helps save you some bucks. Good luck.

I tired to upload the file here but the limitation is way too small. Below is the link.
https://app.box.com/s/g53p2o9v6r09erbcoseb

Kevin

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for posting the CORRECT info, I can't believe someone posted info with pics showing how to replace the cabin air filter behind the glove compartment which apparently was from a totally different model and just assumed it was the same in the JX

·
Registered
5 Posts
How often do you replace this? My car has 34K miles on it and have not replaced yet.... Any suggestions

The link below is to a pdf picture tutorial of how to replace the in-cabin air filter on a 2013 JX35. My first time took me about 15 minutes, quite easy if you're patient. It helps if you lay on your left side, face the firewall and use your left hand. The filter is actually larger than the access hatch (see pic) so you'll need to pinch the center of the filter a little so as to make it look like a bow tie. Compress the center just enough so the filter edge on the driver side is curved enough to push through the filter hatch. Hope this helps save you some bucks. Good luck.

I tired to upload the file here but the limitation is way too small. Below is the link.
https://app.box.com/s/g53p2o9v6r09erbcoseb

Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the pix/pdf, and they completely match exactly what I did to get at the '13 jx35 cabin filter. What throws me is: the idea of squishing the center of the filter a bit in order to get the filter travelling into the filter holder. I understand the need/concept -- but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get my fingers on the top edge of the filter in order to squish it-- when the dadburned glovebox is in the way. There's nothing in the pdf that shows the glove box out of the way (or the insertion of the filter).

Any ideas folks? Before finding this thread I'd already begun attempting removal of the glove box (via the 7 or 8 screws) -- but it would not drop down/away from the dash.
I did not remove any moldings around the glovebox (as is seen in some other Inf's models videos.). Likewise, I didn't let go of the damper string (which might be my greatest move today). When I realized the box might not be coming out that easily I immediately re-attached the damper string without ever letting go of it -- If I had it certainly would've disappeared back into the dashboard...

Should the glove box come out in order to insert the cabin filter? if so, what is holding the glove box in place after the screws are removed?

thanks for any words or pix!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts