Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more a hypothetical question. But if you didnt get this what would you want to get instead? It can be anything but try to be realistic. Dont say youre going to get a Bugatti Veyron or something like that. Im really curious what everyone would get instead.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am looking at pretty much everything this time around.

The ford edge and Mazda cx 9 are built on the same platform.
The Mazda is sportier and offers 3 row seating.
But for some reason the edge Sport iS very appealing. It is lighter and offers the
Same 3.7l 305 hp v6 that is in the mustang.
Plus it gets 26 mpg hwy which is pretty much class leading for that much hp.
I would go fwd and am expecting 0-60 time in the high 6s which is okay.
Rear legroom is 3" more than in the caddy srx.
I don't like the 22" rims that come wiith the sport but could change those to 20s for lighter weight and more sidewall.
Msrp on a edge sport without sunroof or myfordtouch is. 35k.

Cadillac srx. I have owened 3 first gen srxs. It had a lot going for it, especially rear legroom, rear wheel drive.
They were kind of narrow so 3 across seating was very tight. My last one was a v8 that had a msrp of 46570 and that
I only paid 33,900 for brand new. Lol.
Anyway the new srx now comes with the 3.6l 308 hp motor which makes it go waaaay better than the 3.0l.
I still have the rear legroom issue with this vehicle. It is also impossible to forgo the sunroof on anything but
The base car. IMO a sunroof can take out structural rigidity, adds noise, and moves the center of gravity up.
So my choices are a 35k base car or a 40k luxury with the sunroof.

Both Cadillac and ford subvent their leases so I can get a srx luxury for 439 mo 0 down or a ford edge sport
For about 350 mo. With a about 4 k down. So about the same.

Infiniti can t come anywhere near those payments.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ford flex. I really like the packaging of this vehicle. It offers a lot of room and comfortable seating.
And the 365 hp Ecoboost motor, but then because of it's 4800 lb weight gas mileage suffers.
There are also many stories of the c pillars cracking.
I just can't get past the styling of it. Its not something I could see driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am looking at pretty much everything this time around.

The ford edge and Mazda cx 9 are built on the same platform.
The Mazda is sportier and offers 3 row seating.
But for some reason the edge Sport iS very appealing. It is lighter and offers the
Same 3.7l 305 hp v6 that is in the mustang.
Plus it gets 26 mpg hwy which is pretty much class leading for that much hp.
I would go fwd and am expecting 0-60 time in the high 6s which is okay.
Rear legroom is 3" more than in the caddy srx.
I don't like the 22" rims that come wiith the sport but could change those to 20s for lighter weight and more sidewall.
Msrp on a edge sport without sunroof or myfordtouch is. 35k.

Cadillac srx. I have owened 3 first gen srxs. It had a lot going for it, especially rear legroom, rear wheel drive.
They were kind of narrow so 3 across seating was very tight. My last one was a v8 that had a msrp of 46570 and that
I only paid 33,900 for brand new. Lol.
Anyway the new srx now comes with the 3.6l 308 hp motor which makes it go waaaay better than the 3.0l.
I still have the rear legroom issue with this vehicle. It is also impossible to forgo the sunroof on anything but
The base car. IMO a sunroof can take out structural rigidity, adds noise, and moves the center of gravity up.
So my choices are a 35k base car or a 40k luxury with the sunroof.

Both Cadillac and foes subvent their leases so I can get a srx luxury for 439 mo 0 down or a ford edge sport
For about 350 mo. With a about 4 k down. So about the same.

Infiniti can t come anywhere near those payments.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've considered MDX, MKX, Explorer and ml320.
The MDX is out dated and nothing really modern in it. The two Fords have the my touch issue that really turned me away. The ML 320 is too expensive for the trim level I wanted.
I also looked at FX, but it is too small. So I'm stuck with the JX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm now in the market, and it's not an easy choice. We're replacing a M-Class.

Requirements - 7 adult passengers once a week (car pool), no minivan (did that when the kids were smaller), awd/4wd.

Our short list...

Explorer Limited or '13 Explorer Sport
Infiniti JX or '13 Pathfinder
'13 facelifted GMC Acadia Denali

Others that nearly made the cut from our perspective... R-Class Bluetec (wife hated the look, I guess a lot agree since it's discontinued in the US), LR4 (the miles we will put on it is below average, but it feels irresponsible to purchase a new car with such low mpg) if it had comparable mileage to the others mentioned here it would be our first choice, and the GL Bluetec (with the options we'd pick, it's a 15k++ premium over the others with pretty similar functionality). The other GM's don't make the cut style wise for us, same for the Flex, Durango, Lincoln, Mdx...etc. Q7, XC90, X5 - third rows don't cut it for us.

So if not the JX, I think it's an explorer or facelifted Denali. Probably not the brands Infiniti expects us to cross shop, but that's where we are.

-Spaghettipie

·
Registered
196 Posts
We replaced a 2005 MDX with full options. We pretty much get most options in our cars so we don't have later regrets. Here's our final list in preference order.

1. Infiniti JX AWD with all packages

2. Audi Q7 gas engine (not diesel) Premium Plus level

3. Acura MDX Technology

4. MB GL-450 gas, but it would have to be a 1-2 year old used car to make the price closer to the others.

If currently available, Tesla Model X would have been in strong consideration. That may be our next vehicle after the lease is up on this JX.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So if not the JX, I think it's an explorer or facelifted Denali. Probably not the brands Infiniti expects us to cross shop, but that's where we are.

-Spaghettipie[/QUOTE]

I agree with you -- it came down to the explorer, CX9 or the Buick/GMC. We liked the CX9 but it just seemed outdated, liked the explorer and it is less expensive but couldn't get past the my-touch, and finally on the Buick/GMC I was not about to pay about the same for a GM product as I could with an Infiniti (especially after considering resale value). We loved the Q7 and liked the MDX as well but third seat room crossed those off the list for consideration. It is kinda ironic that the cars that are making our final lists were not necessarily the cars Infiniti has to normally compete with. I think it just tells you that Infiniti did their homework on what the normal soccer mom really values in a car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts