Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from first service. The fuel tank recall is not in effect yet and the dealer will not do it now. But there is a reprogram for IBA that the other thread talked about. After the reprogram, I find that the DCA seems more sesitive, may be just my biased perception. However, one good thing about the reprogram is that Infiniti indeed fixed the ICC rpm increase issue. I tested twice and the rpm needle just stayed where it should be, no any change. This is by itself worth to do.

The whole thing, including the reprogram, oil and filter change, as well as a wash, takes about 80 min.

BTW, the loader G37 is fast, but just can't compare with the JX on comfort.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
The o-rings should be in right around when you're service is scheduled Jx'ing. At least that's what I've been told. You might want to call just before to double check and maybe reschedule a week or two later if it isn't available yet.

If your JX is subject to the recall, you just need to be conscious of fuel use when the gauge gets below 1/4 tank. Or refill at a quarter tank for the time being - just to be safe.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone mentioned that after the reprogramming, the mpg increased. And it happened to me also. I was getting about 17.8 to 18 mpg before using ECO mode, now I'm getting 18.8 using STD mode. Same route but much more heavier traffic due to school year starts. Looks like INfiniti really did something good for this upgrade.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You got better mileage? That's awesome. Is this consistent or just your car? Haven't heard of it happening to other cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts