Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still confused about those.
So by default, FCW and IBA are on, right? When I press "shield" button, DCA is on and replace IBA and FCW?

Or FCW and DCA are switchable, and IBA is always ON?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am still confused about those.
So by default, FCW and IBA are on, right? When I press "shield" button, DCA is on and replace IBA and FCW?

Or FCW and DCA are switchable, and IBA is always ON?
Still confused as well..I was going to post this same question ... don't understand when all these safety acronyms are enabled/disaabled.. Bunch of stuff we don't need.. but definitely had to have =)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I busted out my manual. Let me say they make this utterly confusing with too many abbreviations and the DCA encompassing many operations, when they could have just kept each separate. It can be said that they leave the most commonly needed interventions ON, while the other ones are off and have to be turned on. Warnings are all on always.
The button on the wheel (Dynamic Driver Assistance Switch) turns on the DCA (Distance Control Assist)which consists of: Lane Departure Prevention, Blind Spot Intervention. BCI is listed in this, BUT it's supposed to be automatically on when you reverse. Hmm..
It's recommended not to use these unless you need them (how do you even know if you need them??)
The Intelligent Brake Assist (forward and backward collisions) stays ON OR OFF depending on what you set it at (this explains why it stopped for me)
BCI (Backup Collision Intervention) are automatically on

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked the car setting (from steeling wheel), it does show a separate IBA options, which can be turn on or off.
I have it ON (and think this is the factory default), so no matter "Dynamic Driver Assistance Switch" is ON or OFF, this is always ON then.

From what I am reading, IBA is activate when a collision gonna happen, then car automatically kick in break. This is different from DCA, and only kick in the final seconds I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts